Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rust On My Is

Hi all, As the title suggests I have rust forming around the rim of the wheel arch N/S not a massive amount but rust all the same!

Its an 05 IS200 47000K

Can't remeber the term of the Lexus corrosion Warrenty but think its around 10yrs?

Anyway my concern came when I contacted my local lex dealer they've booked it into their bodyshop next week for a look.

However when I hear those words "we need to determin the cause of rust before we can decide wether you have a claim or not" obviously worries me......

Surely rust is rust and corrosion is corrosion has anyone had any experience of this before? maybe you can tell me what I might expect to hear next week and is their anything I could be doing bring on or to form rust, and void any claims....

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Gordon

It'll be interesting to see what they say on the warranty because apart from the 3 year standard warranty, the extended corrosion warranty on all cars, including Lexus only applies when the rust has resulted in perforation of the panel, not just surface rust.

These are quotes taken from my warranty and care booklet (service book)

Surface rust and paintwork.

The warranty offers 3 years of cover for surface rust and paint defects appearing on any of the painted body panels due to a fault in material or workmanship.

Corrosion perforation

12 years of coverage is provided against bodywork perforation (i.e. any holes through the bodywork from inside to outside) due to corrosion that is attributable to faults in material or workmanship.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your replies,

Interesting, If they decide to stick to the rule book I may have a bit of an argument on my hands as I would not say it has perforated the body work,

However in this day and age I would not expect any new vehicle to show these signs so early on in life especially a Lexus, A sign of workmanship and costs decreasing......

This is my 3rd lexus and 2nd IS200 my old V reg 9 yr old IS never a single blip in the paint or bodywork.

I'll see what happens next week and keep you updated but after 7yrs of Lexus finance and 3 cars later with the existing package due to expire I'm sure they will be keen not to upset a "valued Customer" I Hope :crybaby:

Thanks again

Gordon

No Mate only bought it from Lexus Oxford about 2 yrs ago......

have you had the car from new?

do you know the history of the car if not?

a small stone chip, can damage the paint, and cause rust...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links