Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Goemetry At Wim

I am thinking about going to WIM to get my geometry done, but just wondered if I will notice a big (or noticeable) difference just with having a standard suspension setup as is?

By the way I havent noticed any of the strange tyre wear that people have talked about with the standard lexus settings.

Cheers

in reality it will all depend on how far out it is to start with

taking the fact that from the outset they were not correct geometry wise, and it is unlikely to have been reset correctly, then a difference should be felt

:)

My steering wheel is very off centre after second visit to wim to correct the problems caused by bad workmanship and very basic errors the first visit to wim - im just awaiting a report back from kyb regarding their shocks and then i think legal action will go ahead to recover the £380 lexus will charge to repair the faults caused by wheels in motion - their rep was good but must have gone downhill since i visited initially - very costly mistake imo stick to main dealer

My steering wheel is very off centre after second visit to wim to correct the problems caused by bad workmanship and very basic errors the first visit to wim - im just awaiting a report back from kyb regarding their shocks and then i think legal action will go ahead to recover the £380 lexus will charge to repair the faults caused by wheels in motion - their rep was good but must have gone downhill since i visited initially - very costly mistake imo stick to main dealer

Unproven litigation is not wise in a public forum. May i also remind you the £380 Lexus want is to replace "your defective parts", i'm not going to be held accountable for that!

I obviously dont know the ins and outs of what has happened here, but the service from WIM has been nothing short of excellent for everyone i know here and on many other clubs/forums and ive seen how far they go/do for individuals. I think it would be better if you spoke with Tony directly rather than on the forum to sort out any problems there are :)

As Shahz says- WIM do an excellent job (and I have recommended them to a few friends) and I am one of their happy customers. Speak to WIM directly, I'm sure Tony will go out of his way to put things right.

The £380 bill from lexus is to replace the bumpstops which your company fitted upside down and unsecured when you changed my shocks as you well know and also to re-geo my car as even on the second attempt you failed to get the steering wheel to sit in the straight ahead position - you are well aware of the mistakes your firm made on a straightforward job of fitting new front shocks and droplinks (one of which came undone !!! on the journey home ) as you paid lexus brighton yourself for a replacement part and for fitting - you are also fully of the fact that your fitter fitted my bumpstops incorrectly and upside down leaving them free to bounce up and down on my shock for some 3000 miles or so until lexus did a thorough inspection and identified the problem - thanks for the couple of months of strange noises that ensued from that mistake tony and i have of course retained copies of all reciepts for work done trying to track down these strange noise in the interim period.

Even when my car was in lexus i phoned you and asked you to speak to the service manager which you refused to do who wanted to explain to you that these bumpstops should now be replaced and you said you would when i brought it back up ! YOU DIDNT AND THESE BUMPSTOPS ARE NOW HELD IN PLACE WITH CABLE-TIES !!! certainly not the way lexus designed the car to be in all honesty !

You have as well as admitted mistakes to me in writing and offered to try to solve the problem once more but as i very clearly explained to you I HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN YOUR WORKSHOPS ABILITIES and would therefore not consider wasting my time yet again to drive to your premises - after all last time even though you paid my petrol you did not replace the bumpstops as promised and did whilst obviously very busy washing your lovely new lotus become somewhat aggressive ! with waving your hands about and telling me you washed your hands of the matter in front of my partner ! is this what you call good service ?

Also you stated that Lexus diagnosis of bumpstops must be wrong and insisted that the brand new shocks from kyb must be faulty and you were quite prepared to do a report on that fact - please let me have that report as soon as possible because a number of people are highly interested to see your remarks .

As far as unsubstantiated claims i think you are well aware that i can prove every word i say and am taking legal advice to recoup the costs of putting my car right with a competant firm ie Lexus and i am awaiting final confirmation on a couple of other points before i contact Trading standards and the motor industry code of practice .

Lexynik- this is a private matter between you and WIM, may I suggest you keep it off a public forum.

For the full picture, you had been chasing a knocking noise at the front, you decided to replace the drop-links and dampers which we fitted. Admittedly one of the links came loose, which i paid Lexus for a replacement and i paid for the fitting. Needless to say the knock was still there to which Lexus said we had fitted the bump stops upside down. As i explained to you the bump stop "cannot" knock, it's made of rubber and sits at the top of the damper shaft, this was confirmed to me by GAZ suspension. Nevertheless we turned them and i paid for your fuel, needless to say the knock was still there.

As a sign of good faith i offered to inspect the car free of charge to which you declined. Saying i "washed my hands of it" was not the case.

We are members of the Retail Motor Federation and comply to all the standards within, please feel free to complain to them.

For the actual picture as found by lexus the bumpstops can knock if they are fitted incorrectly and are simply resting on the bottom of the damper shaft - this meant they effectively acted like rubber sliding hammers jumping up and down the damper shaft over each and every bump in the road - this in turn LED to them becoming worn and hence after 3000 odd miles of this action by the time lexus found the fault they needed replacing which you failed to do - i shall most certainly contact the retail motor federation as well as trading standards.

We can argue trading standards this and court that until we are blue in the face.... Do what you need to do. Facts are before the dampers where fitted you had a knock, after they where replaced you had a knock, it doesn't take much gray matter to realize the knock wasn't the damper!

Trying to redeem your loses on this ridiculous "rubber" bump stop being fitted upside down as the reason for the knock is way off reality.

To preserve any future legal action i won't post anymore comments in LOC on this topic and i advise you do the same.

Please note.

1:GAZ suspension are willing to confirm bump stops cannot knock however they are fitted.

2:Unproven litigation in a public forum that displays harmful consequence's to the said company opens you to a claim of a loss to our credibility.

3:LOC is innocently acting as a porthole to this argument and should close the thread in order the litigation no longer aides the unproven claim by yourself.

anyone reading this thread thoroughly which started as a request about the quality of work at wim will now be able to see for themselves the arrogant attitude of the owner and his unwillingness to assume responsibility for the mistakes he freely admits his fitters made whilst performing what should of been a relatively simple job - the fact that he wants this thread removed and is trying to intimidate loc to do so says a lot about him and his ethics - this is a forum for debate and opinion after all and i am of the opinion that wim are inclined to make lots of mistakes as i found out to my cost

funny little man

I am reading this with interest, and was quite willing to let it remain

right until this point

personal insults are not welcome or fitting

i do suggest you sort this one out behind closed doors, and please let us know the results

anyone reading this thread thoroughly which started as a request about the quality of work at wim will now be able to see for themselves the arrogant attitude of the owner and his unwillingness to assume responsibility for the mistakes he freely admits his fitters made whilst performing what should of been a relatively simple job - the fact that he wants this thread removed and is trying to intimidate loc to do so says a lot about him and his ethics - this is a forum for debate and opinion after all and i am of the opinion that wim are inclined to make lots of mistakes as i found out to my cost

where legal or action is pending it is in the best interests of all sides including LOC for it not to be in the public domain

sorry but this thread is now closed

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links