Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cleaned My Throttle Body

I finally got round to cleaning the Throttle Body, my tickover was not as smooth as it should be and the stalling on roundabouts was becoming tiresome. The difference is amazing, inaudible tickover, much better pickup.

I also discovered the cable linking the throttle to the transmission was well out of adjustment, so if you have a bit of a clunk selecting D from N, and can tell when the trans shifts, its a quick cable adjustment, move the outer cable in until there is practically no slack on the inner cable, hard to tell as there is very little tension on it.

Car now runs and shifts beautifully, a well spent sunny day with the spanners!biggrin.gif

ThrottleBody.jpg

Hi. Its good to read a positive post. Was the throttle body an easy job or littered with pitfalls?

Not that easy, the throttle body has to be pulled back off the top studs with some force against the rear water pipe and the breather pipe from the cam cover, then it can be tilted back so these pipes can be removed.

It's worth it though, my tickover is 1200 cold, droping to 600 hot, just as it should. It's down to the 3 pipes which allow air in past the throttle, which were blocked- all that design technology and bunged up with carbon.

There is a pdf

Throttle_pdf

Engine silent now, well worth it, now, if someone could tell me why I have too much brake pedal travel, I'll be a happy chap

Hi. Its good to read a positive post. Was the throttle body an easy job or littered with pitfalls?

Not that easy, the throttle body has to be pulled back off the top studs with some force against the rear water pipe and the breather pipe from the cam cover, then it can be tilted back so these pipes can be removed.

It's worth it though, my tickover is 1200 cold, droping to 600 hot, just as it should. It's down to the 3 pipes which allow air in past the throttle, which were blocked- all that design technology and bunged up with carbon.

There is a pdf

Throttle_pdf

Engine silent now, well worth it, now, if someone could tell me why I have too much brake pedal travel, I'll be a happy chap

Excellant post well done.

Assuming that you have confirmed that the braking system has no leaks and that there is a bit of wear left in the pads and that the car pulls up satisfactorily ie straight, no pumping required and not having to stand on the peddle, then the likely problem is either master cylinder rubbers/seals or servo. In view of the fact that the throttle was bunged up, I would start looking at the servo. I would have a more indepth look but Ive being trying to get another website/campaign up and running and to describe it as "stress" would be insuffient.

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links