Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My 93 UCF10 is coming up for the MOT. I love it to bits and it got years left in it.

L Reg. Private reg valued at £400+

179,000 miles

Part SH

Tax 30-09-10

But to bring it up to scratch it really needs the front exhaust and cats changing (SH), Fr OS upper ball wish bone, Rear susp control arms and the wheels are really scruffy and need refinishing. There are also a few minor bruises. Trolly dings you might say.

The thing is, in the last year Ive renewed the alternator, 2 new rear springs, disi caps and rotas and a full service. Its also had a brand new bumper and rear screen. (curtesy of the ins company)

I have seen a nice UCF20, in grey with black interior.

M Reg

133,000 miles

MOT March 2011

6 months Tax

Full SH

£850

Would you keep the old girl or sell her for a newer model?

Personally

I'd sell. We can all get sentimental about cars we've had for a while but if it needs a lot of money spent on it to bring it up to scratch you'd never see the return on it and there's always jobs you can find to do after that. The new car could be even better( and buying new cars is always fun :lol:

Good luck

Ed

My 93 UCF10 is coming up for the MOT. I love it to bits and it got years left in it.

L Reg. Private reg valued at £400+

179,000 miles

Part SH

Tax 30-09-10

But to bring it up to scratch it really needs the front exhaust and cats changing (SH), Fr OS upper ball wish bone, Rear susp control arms and the wheels are really scruffy and need refinishing. There are also a few minor bruises. Trolly dings you might say.

The thing is, in the last year Ive renewed the alternator, 2 new rear springs, disi caps and rotas and a full service. Its also had a brand new bumper and rear screen. (curtesy of the ins company)

I have seen a nice UCF20, in grey with black interior.

M Reg

133,000 miles

MOT March 2011

6 months Tax

Full SH

£850

Would you keep the old girl or sell her for a newer model?

Tricky, perhaps get a full inspection on the new one- does it need a cam belt change, new caps, rotors, any suspension work, brakes, tyres?

I have toyed with the idea of upgrading to a MKIV but I have not found one with rear parking sensors or full towing kit (inc cooler) and have now decided to keep the old girl.

The car you have seen sounds good and particularly at that price. I would go for it.

:( Thanks for your input guys. I was thinking the same way to be honest. But the new has gone.

Good ones dont hang around for long.

Thanks again.

I've got the same dilemma....

Mine a K reg and there is a small list of jobs to be done (i've fixed most of the common faults) , plus any cosmetics like scratches, wheels, window switch, aerial, etc. even the brake disc cover fell off last week :(

Its prob gonna cost me over 1000, but to be honest with a car like this its made the choice more difficult.

I'd keep it forever if the underneath holds out, but i think any car you buy will have problems and expenses, but with me fixing most faults, and doing some work myself (the control arms and throttle body being the bravest) I now feel i'd be silly to sell this car for say 750 - 1000, and buying another 'bargain basement', prob for a slightly higher value (already losing money right there), finding out that cars troubles & fixing them, tax, mot, ins.......

forget it, i'll spend the money on the car im happy with.

Saying that i'd better get the AA out for a full check, then decide eh?.....

wait till petrol goes up past £1.20 again and then get mk3 for peanuts, thats what i did a couple of years ago then LPG'd it last year haven't looked back since :)

Hi I ended up with my mark4 that way, Had what I thought was mark3 money till the market crashed, LPG went on 3 weeks later :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links