Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mark 4 Ls400 On Lpg, Which Spark Plugs?

Hi All,

Anyone with a mark 4 on lpg, can you please recommend some spark plugs for me and what gap I should have them set at? At the minute the gap is most likely standard as when I get high up in the revs (5000+) my car jerks slightly!! I reckon it's due to the plugs and the gap. I had the same problem with my Aristo TT. I'm sure my car is overdue a service and i've also done over 1000 miles on lpg so due an lpg service and tune up.

Thanks in advance

B

Hi All,

Anyone with a mark 4 on lpg, can you please recommend some spark plugs for me and what gap I should have them set at? At the minute the gap is most likely standard as when I get high up in the revs (5000+) my car jerks slightly!! I reckon it's due to the plugs and the gap. I had the same problem with my Aristo TT. I'm sure my car is overdue a service and i've also done over 1000 miles on lpg so due an lpg service and tune up.

Thanks in advance

B

Morning B

I don't think Ive ever had mine up to 5000 revs! In the absense of a more direct answer, then the LPG service and tune should resolve the issue.

Mine isnt on LPG but when i looked into it and called a few installers I asked about spark plugs as i was about to do a full service. I doidnt want to put new plugs in only for the LPG guy to have to change them again.

His answer was "on LPG they seem to run better on NGK with the gap reduced a bit". It seems you cannot change the gap of the recommended high spec ones.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I wouldn't normally take it so high up in the revs. I had just picked an evo 4 up and my mate was driving it next to me in the lights and revving it so I had to wipe the smile off his face :winky: Ha ha, he couldn't get away from me and I ended up passing him :lol:

I managed to speak with my installer and he also advised the spark plug gap is normally closed a bit to make it run right on lpg. I'm going up to see him next week for a tune up as will be quite overdue its first checkup. It should all be well once done. I will keep you posted.

I wouldn't normally take it so high up in the revs. I had just picked an evo 4 up and my mate was driving it next to me in the lights and revving it so I had to wipe the smile off his face :winky: Ha ha, he couldn't get away from me and I ended up passing him :lol:

I like it, bout time I gave mine a blow out.

I think it's good for the car to stretch out now and again :driving:

Even if it's just to blow away the cobwebs and produces a load of smokey carbon ( very ) briefly ............. did this on a sluggish volvo estate once and the BANG !!! shook me but blimey, did the car move a lot better afterwards.

Malc

Malc

Even if it's just to blow away the cobwebs and produces a load of smokey carbon ( very ) briefly ............. did this on a sluggish volvo estate once and the BANG !!! shook me but blimey, did the car move a lot better afterwards.

Malc

Malc

Bet it shook ya Malc, expecially when not expecting it. The bang is scary on an lpg car when the spark leads are out (mostly on the single point systems).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links