Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Knocking Really Bad Now

D6NGR

Hi as some of you's know my drivers side front caliper has seized and is sticking but during the couple of weeks now it has starting to knock and make ting a ling noise's sort of noise that my rear calipers made without the shims but have them back on now :unsure: and also when on the motorway it vibrates really bad and the drivers side caliper is scrotching hot as my mate found out :hehe: can anyone confirm that it is the caliper that is causing the problem and not other components in the suspension and also can you recommend me to a good garage what is cheap and good thanks help appreciated.

I had the same thing mate. Red hot caliper, clunking when turning slow and braking. I fixed it by taking out all the pads and clip/springs,copper greasing the the pads and shims and bending the clips a little bit to make sure the pads are tight. I also took the sliding pins out the caliper and greased them also. I just sprayed some WD40 on the pistons then pushed the pistons back into the caliper.

Hope this helps.

Dont get too disheartened mate, these little niggles are a pain in the ar$e but you'll struggle to get a car as comfortable as your Lexus. Take it to your local independant garage and ask them to have a look for you mate.

If it's a disc, they are not too expensive, HERES loads. If it's a caliper you can either get a NEW one for £115 from HERE or a repair kit from HERE for £30.

Keep your chin up mate, you'll get to the bottom of it.

Cheers Tommy H i take it to my idependent garage bosch and they want about £200 or sumat for a caliper :o i think it better if i give charlesworth motors a ring and get some prices??

ohhh my god i've started to have enough of this car now thinking of selling up???

The longer you continue to drive the car in its current unsafe state then the chances are that you are making matters worse by the mile. You will almost certainly cause further damage to your brakes and probably wheel bearings. Quite apart from the escalating costs which that could cause, a more worrying result could be a fatal incident.

spoke to simon at charlesworth £95 brand new caliper he will also do the brake fluids change all together he said £180 is that cheap or expensive?? :huh:

Sounds reasonable. When was your brake fluid last changed?....should be every 2 years.

its booked for friday lets hope it doesn't cost as much as i am expecting??? i'm getting brand new drivers side caliper and also two brand new front disk's both side and front both side pad's aswell??? And also a oil and filter change.

£95 brand new caliper he will also do the brake fluids change all together he said £180!! then i had the both disck's changed and both side pad's changed and also oil and filter change. i thinks thats why it cost a extra £208

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links