Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The new RX300 brochure states that the sun roof has a one touch facility. The owners manual states that when opening the roof it will stop partway 45mm from fully open. Neither of these work. Also, both the main control and the tilt control work both functions, and the remote will not shut the sun roof, only the windows. Are there faults with my car or are others the same? My dealer does not seem to be up to speed with the technology of this new car.

Howard

East Devon

• 2 weeks later...

I had a new RX300 SE-L test drive today, and the dealer demo'd the remote opening feature. Pressing and holding the unlock button on the key - unlocked the doors, opened all the windows and opened the sunroof. Pressing and holding the lock button reversed this operation.

Pressing the sunroof slide switch backwards once, did open the sunroof back to within about 45mm of the aperture. Pressing the switch back once more opened it the remaining 45mm - same as on the IS. :)

So the manual is correct - think the dealer needs to check it out.

:unsure: Apparently my sunroof needed to be 'initialised' which should have been done at the docks prior to dealer delivery. :) This has been corrected and is now OK. :angry: Unfortunately I also have a faulty drivers door seal which causes a very annoying 'whistle' at speeds over 30mph and a rattle from the sunroof. New parts have been ordered which hopefully should cure these very minor problems in an otherwise fabulous vehicle.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links