Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turning Off Seatbelt Warning Bleep

Hi guys found out how to turn off the bleeping sound for seatbelt warning if you put heavy items shopping etc on the front seat.

1 Ensure that the trip computer says ODO then the total mileage in the display.

2 Turn off the ignition or display using the start stop button.

3 Ready the seatbelt in one hand ready for insertion into the holder and then press the start button 2 times so that the display begins to light up.

4 Before the display is properly lit and system check has initialised press in and hold in for 30 slow seconds the trip display button. ODO should still be in the display, if not start the procedure again as if a or b is displayed it does not work.

5 After 30 seconds with the button still pressed in insert the seatbelt into the holder and then, release the trip display button, the display should now show a/on or b/off. just press the trip button to change the on off to whatever you wish then unbuckle the seatbelt. if you selected off the bleep should no longer be an annoying problem.

6 Turn off the car using the start button then take her for a spin to check if it worked it did on mine 2006 is220d se.

PS the seatbelt light still lights to warn if passengers are not wearing their seatbelts good luck... :winky: :yahoo:

Sorry, maybe I've missed something here but wouldn't it just be easier to put the heavy items/shopping in the boot and what happens to the heavy items/shopping on the front seat if you have to brake suddenly.

With 2 kids and all accompaniments see what you can fit in the boot clever clogs :P

and in the event of a crash, heavy shopping all over said kids, not very clever clogs :P

Think seatbelt warnings are a good thing....

You should always wear your seatbelt...

I got rear ended whilst stationary when not wearing a seatbelt, the car in front stopped my car, the windscreen stopped my head and steering wheel stopped the rest of me.

As for the shopping that was on the passenger seat it ended up in the footwell...

Is there a lesson here? Yes don't put shopping on the passenger seat and wear a seatbelt... :)

• 3 years later...