Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Caliper Mounting Bracket Needed

I am having some trouble locating a brake caliper torque plate and bottom sliding pin, the pin was frozen and eventually snapped when I tried to free it up.

Think I'm giving it the correct name, its the bracket held on with 2 bolts that has the 2 sliding pins that the brake caliper mounts on.

Its the front drivers side, K reg, MkII, but perhaps its the same part on other years, I have some photos to compair

Benfur / Maurice doesn't have one, and the breakers I have tried so far haven't either.

Car is currently sat on my drive looking pathetic, so if anyone has a parts car and can help out, I'd love to hear from them

Thanks, Ian

picture1

Picture 2

I am having some trouble locating a brake caliper torque plate and bottom sliding pin, the pin was frozen and eventually snapped when I tried to free it up.

Think I'm giving it the correct name, its the bracket held on with 2 bolts that has the 2 sliding pins that the brake caliper mounts on.

Its the front drivers side, K reg, MkII, but perhaps its the same part on other years, I have some photos to compair

Benfur / Maurice doesn't have one, and the breakers I have tried so far haven't either.

Car is currently sat on my drive looking pathetic, so if anyone has a parts car and can help out, I'd love to hear from them

Thanks, Ian

picture1

Picture 2

Someone with a bench drill could drill it out or drill it and use a broken screw extractor on it.

It needs soaking in penetrating oil first

Pins and attached rubber bits bits are available as parts.

Where abouts do you live?

Thanks, Ian

picture1

Picture 2

Someone with a bench drill could drill it out or drill it and use a broken screw extractor on it.

Im in Glasgow, with hindsight I should have soaked it more and used more heat on it, what I thought was the pin starting to loosen was it actually twisting, eventually it snapped through metal fatigue.

Thanks, Ian

picture1

Picture 2

Im in Glasgow, with hindsight I should have soaked it more and used more heat on it, what I thought was the pin starting to loosen was it actually twisting, eventually it snapped through metal fatigue.

If you get no joy anywhere,PM me and you can post it to me.

I reckon I can get it out!

No charge just the post.

cheers

No charge just the post.

cheers

That's a fine offer, I have managed to find one, should have it in 2 to 3 days. If the old one ends up spare, it's your's if you want it

No charge just the post.

cheers

That's a fine offer, I have managed to find one, should have it in 2 to 3 days. If the old one ends up spare, it's your's if you want it

Glad you found one, I'll have go at it and send it back to you for a spare!

• 2 weeks later...

No charge just the post.

cheers

Glad you found one, I'll have go at it and send it back to you for a spare!

The replacement caliper and bracket I received was the wrong one- I think they changed them in 91, but I did manage to eventualy beat the frozen pin out, by driling a hole through the front of the bracket so I could sneak up on it with a drift.

I used a pin and the rubber bellows from the "wrong" caliper bracket.

Anyone need a brake caliper?

I now have my super cheap eBay disks and pads fitted, and my brakes are brilliant

Got there in the end!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links