Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Winter Wheels/tyres

Yes, I know that the weather is far too warm to be thinking about fitting winter tyres, but,,,,,,can anyone tell me if the RX300 18 wheels will fit a 2008 RX400h? I don't want the hassle of changing the actual tyres onto the OEM wheels so I am on the lookout for a spare set of wheels. There seems to be a better chance of getting wheels from a RX300 than for my own car, hence the question about interchangeability.

Yes, I know that the weather is far too warm to be thinking about fitting winter tyres, but,,,,,,can anyone tell me if the RX300 18 wheels will fit a 2008 RX400h? I don't want the hassle of changing the actual tyres onto the OEM wheels so I am on the lookout for a spare set of wheels. There seems to be a better chance of getting wheels from a RX300 than for my own car, hence the question about interchangeability.

Might be a problem with RX300 wheels not fitting an RX400h.

The wheels on my '06 400h were due to be replaced under warranty because of the usual corrosion problem.

I had a call from my local Lexus centre to say that the new wheels were in and that they could be swapped over while I waited.

Well I waited and waited and waited until the service guy came and explained very apologetically that they had put my old tyres onto the new wheels but they could not get the new wheels to fit on my car!!! They said that the wrong wheels had been delivered so they had had to put my tyres back onto my old wheels until they got the proper wheels delivered.

Anyway, the new wheels arrived a few days later and were sucessfully changed over.

So I can't answer your question with a 100% certainty but I would definitely check further.

Hope that helps

JBP

The wheels on my '06 400h were due to be replaced under warranty because of the usual corrosion problem.

I had a call from my local Lexus centre to say that the new wheels were in and that they could be swapped over while I waited.

Well I waited and waited and waited until the service guy came and explained very apologetically that they had put my old tyres onto the new wheels but they could not get the new wheels to fit on my car!!! They said that the wrong wheels had been delivered so they had had to put my tyres back onto my old wheels until they got the proper wheels delivered.

Anyway, the new wheels arrived a few days later and were sucessfully changed over.

So I can't answer your question with a 100% certainty but I would definitely check further.

Hope that helps

JBP

Hi JBP, i have noticed my wheels have started to show signs of corrosion, 06 RX400h 28k on clock, i didn't buy it new am now second owner, do you think i will be able to get a new set out of lexus ? i bought it back in march and got 12 months warranty, i was going to get them powder coated myself but if i can get a set replaced for free then it might be worth asking them. Did you have your car from new or dosen't that make any difference?

Phil.

Hope that helps

JBP

Hi JBP, i have noticed my wheels have started to show signs of corrosion, 06 RX400h 28k on clock, i didn't buy it new am now second owner, do you think i will be able to get a new set out of lexus ? i bought it back in march and got 12 months warranty, i was going to get them powder coated myself but if i can get a set replaced for free then it might be worth asking them. Did you have your car from new or dosen't that make any difference?

Phil.

Hi Phil

I bought my '05 RX400h as an approved used car from Lexus MK in May 2007 when it was just under 2 years old. It came with 12 months warranty but when that ended I took out a 2 year extended warranty with them and they changed the wheels under warranty in June 2009.

I have recently traded it in part exchange for an '08 Rx400h from Lexus MK. This also comes with a warranty until Aug 2011 and as there was corrosion starting on the wheels they changed them for a new set straight away.

Hope that helps and good luck!

JBP

Hope that helps

JBP

Phil.

Hi Phil

I bought my '05 RX400h as an approved used car from Lexus MK in May 2007 when it was just under 2 years old. It came with 12 months warranty but when that ended I took out a 2 year extended warranty with them and they changed the wheels under warranty in June 2009.

I have recently traded it in part exchange for an '08 Rx400h from Lexus MK. This also comes with a warranty until Aug 2011 and as there was corrosion starting on the wheels they changed them for a new set straight away.

Hope that helps and good luck!

JBP

Thanks mate, great help, i bought mine from Lexus hatfield back in march and got 12 months warranty, had new Battery under warranty already which was done at my nearest dealer Lexus Norwich, so may pop up there to see them before the 12 months is up.

Thanks again

Phil

UPDATE: Phoned Lexus Norwich today to ask about my wheels being replaced under warranty, they said the car was registed july 06 therefore was now outside the three year lexus warranty and it would be unlikely to be changed free of charge, but said i could pop the car in and they would take a look, so will pop it in when passing, but dont hold up much hope. Mind you i forgot to mention that i had a 12 months lexus warranty still running :iraqi-info-minister: numbnut! So haven't given in yet.

phil

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links