Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tezza Questions

TezzaAl

Hi guys just joined the forum earlier, Just after a bit of information really.

I currently have a Nissan 200SX S14 SR20DET which is around 210bhp, I have recently seen an Altezza for sale on the Sxoc forum. After seeing it it reminded me how much I wanted one as I love them. Can I pick your brains at a few simple questions.

What is the 0-60 on a Tezza standard.

Also mpg Standard (Urban mixed driving)

Maintaining costs expensive?

Regardless of all this I am still going to get one just curious for when I get it, Probably end up swapping my Sx for a tezza as its in mint condition with only 59k on the clock. What are the meets like on here and is there any Tezza forums?

Also what price am I likely to pay on a decent White Tezza? prices vary from 4-5k I see, I cant say I would pay over 4k-4.5k for one to be honest unless it had extensive mods and v.low mileage.

If anyone is interested in swapping + cash either way w/e lemme no. Its currently an automatic but is being changed over on the 22nd of september by a well known Sx garage in South Wales.

Kind Regards

Alex

Look here mate for more info on the Altezza:

http://tezzaworld.com/

Right guys tried both of them sites couldnt source much info but I guess ill have another glimpse later but where is the best place to find Tezza's? Im after a Rs200 manual in white dont mind like I said putting cash ontop of my Sx but my Sx to me is worth as much as most Tezzas as its been looked after its got relatively low mileage and the paintwork is awesome for an M reg car.

Pistonheads

Autotrader is what im using at the moment is there anywhere else other than on here (not many rs200 manuals under 4.5k) and Tezzworld's pretty much the same.

Cheers for reading

Alex

Right guys tried both of them sites couldnt source much info but I guess ill have another glimpse later but where is the best place to find Tezza's? Im after a Rs200 manual in white dont mind like I said putting cash ontop of my Sx but my Sx to me is worth as much as most Tezzas as its been looked after its got relatively low mileage and the paintwork is awesome for an M reg car.

Pistonheads

Autotrader is what im using at the moment is there anywhere else other than on here (not many rs200 manuals under 4.5k) and Tezzworld's pretty much the same.

Cheers for reading

Alex

http://www.japan-partner.com/stocklist.html?sort_by=update&sort_dir=desc&se_maker=Toyota&se_model=ALTEZZA&se_grade=any&se_fov=any&se_steering=any&se_fuel=any&se_transmission=any&se_price_start=any&se_price_end=any&se_year_start=any&se_year_end=any&se_displacement_start=any&se_displacement_end=any&search_ngn=

if you decide to use them let me know, i can put you in touch with the guy who helped me ship mine from japan.

Pistonheads

Cheers for reading

Alex

http://www.japan-partner.com/stocklist.html?sort_by=update&sort_dir=desc&se_maker=Toyota&se_model=ALTEZZA&se_grade=any&se_fov=any&se_steering=any&se_fuel=any&se_transmission=any&se_price_start=any&se_price_end=any&se_year_start=any&se_year_end=any&se_displacement_start=any&se_displacement_end=any&search_ngn=

if you decide to use them let me know, i can put you in touch with the guy who helped me ship mine from japan.

Hi mate very interested, is USD = Us Dollars? And Is the shipping free? Realistically am I going to find a nice white Tezza with about 50k on the clock for 4k? I mean its a 1999 car it shouldnt be too much more than that standard. by the way its an RS200 MANUAL I want

Cheers griderjn much appreciated!

You're in a similar position to me by the sounds of it and funnily enough, our criteria is nearly the same too.

I'm after a white manual tezza with less than 70K (miles) on the clock but have a budget of 5K.

What I take from this is that we're not alone and when one does come up it gets snapped up really quick. I've been looking at importing one myself so griderjn, may PM you at some point too.

Realistically though, because of the demand, you're budget might be a bit low, you'll lose out to someone with deeper pockets. At face value, you're right though, it should be simple but they are rarish cars and good examples and gone in a heartbeat. :(

Pistonheads has one with black wheels for 4K with only 26K KM's on the clock, have you spoken to him?

I'm waiting for my cash to turn up at the moment and am frustrated with whats on offer cos I've seen some really good examples sell while I've been waiting for my cash to come through.

You're in a similar position to me by the sounds of it and funnily enough, our criteria is nearly the same too.

I'm after a white manual tezza with less than 70K (miles) on the clock but have a budget of 5K.

What I take from this is that we're not alone and when one does come up it gets snapped up really quick. I've been looking at importing one myself so griderjn, may PM you at some point too.

Realistically though, because of the demand, you're budget might be a bit low, you'll lose out to someone with deeper pockets. At face value, you're right though, it should be simple but they are rarish cars and good examples and gone in a heartbeat. :(

Pistonheads has one with black wheels for 4K with only 26K KM's on the clock, have you spoken to him?

I'm waiting for my cash to turn up at the moment and am frustrated with whats on offer cos I've seen some really good examples sell while I've been waiting for my cash to come through.

Hiya mate thanks for the reply, I dont have the funds at the current time no, I am hoping I can p/x my car with about 800 cash for one as my car does sell well in the condition it is in. But yes 4k for a white one should be more than sufficient 5k is WAY too much not willing to pay that I understand they are in demand but so is my car with the condition it is in. I will probably end up private selling it... Also sorry not interested in black as of yet been offered one on SXOC but I REALLY REALLY REALLY want a white one then I can shuv a TRD kit on it Drewl!

Edit - Just saw you said a white one with black wheels. Ill look now been looking loads on there think thats the one that sold.

I hear ya fella, 4 - 4.5 from a private seller is achievable but most dealers want 5K plus and I notice most of the white ones are with dealers. Typical!

I was gonna go see the below but seen as I have no money yet...

Pistonheads

Is it just me or is this site REALLY SLOW on things, I've used many OC forums but this one seems to take 2 minutes to think about each click! Love the content on here when it has loaded though, sorry, [/RANT]

just as a guide guys.... i paid 5.1k for mine, that was with 70kish miles, every extra you could possibly imagine, and volks te37s. 4k is a low budget for an altezza. it's an unrealistic budget for one with 50k miles. sorry, but i went through all this a couple of months ago.

those prices on japan-partner.com are indeed US dollars, and the price includes shipping.

they shipped mine to South Hampton, it was super easy to pick up.

you guys will be taxed unfortunately, so it may be in your best interest to buy one already in the country.

if/when you have found a car on that site, and you begin the process of purchasing it, if you want to, let me know,

and i will give you the contact information for the guy who shipped my car for me.

he was very helpful.

good luck in your searches, and don't get discouraged.

you will eventually find what you want.

those prices on japan-partner.com are indeed US dollars, and the price includes shipping.

they shipped mine to South Hampton, it was super easy to pick up.

you guys will be taxed unfortunately, so it may be in your best interest to buy one already in the country.

if/when you have found a car on that site, and you begin the process of purchasing it, if you want to, let me know,

and i will give you the contact information for the guy who shipped my car for me.

he was very helpful.

good luck in your searches, and don't get discouraged.

you will eventually find what you want.

Thanks mate really appreciate it youve been a great help, do you have any idea on what the tax is like and how come you didnt have to pay it? Are you in Ireland?

i did not have to pay the queen's tax because i am a United States citizen.

i am currently living in England though, and i was living in japan before this,

i actually owned my car in japan before i ever knew i was coming to England.

since you guys are right hookers over here, i brought it with me.

i will be selling it when i leave England, in about three to five years (with good behavior).

i have no idea what the tax will be on your vehicle.

but i do know that i had to generate a VAT exemption form for the British government.

i did not have to pay the queen's tax because i am a United States citizen.

i am currently living in England though, and i was living in japan before this,

i actually owned my car in japan before i ever knew i was coming to England.

since you guys are right hookers over here, i brought it with me.

i will be selling it when i leave England, in about three to five years (with good behavior).

i have no idea what the tax will be on your vehicle.

but i do know that i had to generate a VAT exemption form for the British government.

I want VAT exemption :( I also want my car now as mine is up for sale now! :(

Just looked at this car :-

http://www.japan-partner.com/Auto/7452/Toyota/ALTEZZA/car-for-sale.html

If you work that out with Tax + Duty + the exchange rate it works out as 4048 with the mot lets call it 4100. Not converted Kilometers to Miles yet will do that in a sec but thats just a first example I seen on that site you gave me Grid :) Looking good so far unless im missing something?

Edit - Just noticed its blue.. bah!

Edit again - Have you got a number for this friend of yours grid I can ask him some info then? See if he can find one with my criteria?

• 5 months later...

Hey guys, been a while completely forgot about the forum (sadface), Well I still have my Sx and I am back on the lookout for a Tezza.

Bit more wised up on Tezza's and the prices they go for, before you were right they did go around the 5k mark, but they have come down in price I have seen now, a few up for sale with around 60k on the clock for around 4500 pounds now.

Alot more in my budget, basically my question to you guys if you can answer it, if however you cant, not to worry, is there anywhere im missing on looking up tezzas? preferably want a decent P/x due to the age of my car dealers wont offer me a good enough p/x but the car is worth around 2800 (yes its come down a bit), so ill be putting just under 2000 pounds ontop of my car to get an altezza, the altezza is around 28mpg as I am told, which is almost as bad as mine, its slower than mine but alot more modern and better looking, and ofcourse more reliable as its a toyota (owned a few yaris's before)

Anyway enough chit chat as im sure you all are busy :) if any of you know where I Can look, been on tezzaworld, pistonheads, autotrader, seen alot up for sale on.

http://z4.invisionfree.com/lexusaltezzaclub/index.php?showforum=46

But I do not live in Australia or anywhere near :) as there is quite a few in the uk now compared to before I am better of buyin in the UK? main problem is I Really want to P/x, car is up for sale ofcourse and its only done 65k so shouldnt take long to sell but I would prefer a straightforward p/x lol. Forgot to mention also looking for most colors now not just white, the only color I wont look at is Silver, not my style :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links