Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sportcross Ride Height

clossie

Now before you say it, I know this topic crops up alot, but I'm thinking of lowering my is200 sportcross as at present it looks like its permanently jacked up (which surely can't help cornering). Am going to get my tape measure out tonight and will post my road to wheel arch heights , but was wondering in the meantime if anyone knows the actual expected standard ride height for this model?

Even with 17s it just doesn't look right.

Secondly if it can be lowered. Any suggestions on spring sets?

Was thinking perhaps blagging a set of standard sport springs off one of you many modders on here who have already "done the drop" from OEM springs just so see what "standard" is.

But! Wouldn't a sportcross already have sport springs?

So many questions.sorry

I think the IS300 is lowered, not sure about the IS200SX.

There's a thread somewhere here where different people (including me) posted arch heights with SEs, Sports, and those with TTE springs if you can find it - it was a thread by Steviewevie if I remember correctly.

Thanks parthiban. Have looked, but failed miserably yto find the thread you are referring to.

oh well.. Will have to pocket the wife's folder tape measure and carry it with me when out and about in case I see an unguarded is....

Beware fellow owners. If you see an Essex boy ducking down round your arches, I'm not nicking your alloys, just measuring the suspension.....

Found the thread.......LINK :)

Summary of gap between top of tyre and wheelarch as follows:

Pre 2001 Sport on standard springs:

Front 60mm

Rear 80mm

Pre 2001 Sport on TTE springs:

Front 40mm

Rear 55mm

Post 2001 SE on standard springs (my car):

Front 55mm

Rear 65mm

Post 2001 Sport on TTE springs:

Front 30mm

Rear 35mm

So looks like i've got a se spring set. I'm running 65 rear and i swear 65 at front also, but if I base it on the rear alone, looks like SE it is.

Now... how can I persuade the wife to let me lower the motor? its only meant to be a weekend driver and i've already uprated the alloys from the 16"'s to 17"'s and launched the standard headunit for an alpine ipod change...

OK guys n gals- Sorry it took a while. I have measured and my ride height is 68cm floor to underside of wheel arch, front and rear. Is this normal?

You can see what i mean in the picture about how high it sits

Hi just got round to checking the height on my standard IS 200 Sportcross 2003 16 in wheels REAR 68 cm as yours FRONT 65 cm car empty

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links