Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hazard Light Help!

matty32

hello folks,heres one for you.....i was driving today and suddenly my hazards started flashing realy fast and then just sayed on normal speed and i coudnt turn them off,i took the fuse out drove for about half hour,40 mins and it started again,could this be a faulty switch ,a losse wire,has anybody had the same problem,etc...etc....??,i hope one of you good people has a simple answer for me and hopefully i can solve it myself quick as i have to drive without indicators for now.thanks

people have had water leaking into the fuse boxes in the footwell. might be that. never had it myself

fuseboxes in the footwell????,i didnt know they even had any there,i have a 1999 model aswell just incase anyone wondered,its as if the hazards are shorting out on something , this is gonna do my head in because i have very limeted funds so cant realy afford to get it in a garage so this will be a job for me,just hope its simple to fix.............im off to check my footwell for fuses!

fuses checked,no water in fuseboxes........i did have a lose wire on one of my headlight(positive red wire) that was barely on its conector,i put it back on so im waiting to see if it still happens,but i cant see that having anything to do with the hazard lights we will see folks!

• 2 weeks later...

fuses checked,no water in fuseboxes........i did have a lose wire on one of my headlight(positive red wire) that was barely on its conector,i put it back on so im waiting to see if it still happens,but i cant see that having anything to do with the hazard lights we will see folks!

Hello mate i had this issue myself last year after a load of rain! I think you will find that it is the water in the fuse/junction box, it wont be obvious it wasnt with mine. But after a help from the guys on here and more taken the kick panel off i found that if you unplug each of the each of the looms in the junction box. you will find that there is corrision on the pins and in the sockets and this is causing high resistance in the circuit making the Hazards flash etc. When it happened to be it also caused all the lights on my dash to light up like a xmas tree. Water gets in via the corner of the windowscreen, well that was were i found it coming in. Hope this helps.

thanks for the advice folks but putting the wire back onto the headlight properly seems to of done the trick ,since i fitted it back on correctly i havent had the problem so i think thats it.

Dude i hope that is it and that simple a free quick fix. I thought the same thing with mine mate and it seemed to work till the next lot of rain. If it happens again check the junction box in the footwell.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links