Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300Sel Air Suspension. Diag Codes: C1713, C1735, C1739 How Much To F

Hi,

I've had problems with the air suspension on my 2003 RX300 SE-L for a while now. In the summer, it seems to work, but as soon as the temperature drops, there is a clicking noise when I start the engine and the Air suspension light blinks "OFF" on the dashboard.

I took the car to a local mechanic and they extracted the following diagnostic codes:

C1713 - RR Height control sensor circuit

C1735 - Exhaust solenoid malfunction

C1739 - Height control Solenoid RR circuit

Does not erase "no fault description or autodata"

I'm still waiting for the mechanic to provide a quote to get this fixed. But I've paid for the diagnostic, it's been two weeks, and still no quote.

Does anyone know how much this job should cost and recommend someone to do this job in the East London/Essex area?

Thanks!

It wont be cheap, and IIRC then its usually best to get Lexus to fix it due to the complex nature of the hydraulics. Have a search on the Forum as this failure is getting quite common on SE-L that are 5+years old.

(Which isn't the answer you were hoping hear :( )

• 4 weeks later...

Hi people, i've found it to be caused by a solenoid valve on the edge of the air pump system under the offside rear wheel arch. The solenoid is not available separately and lexus offer a new pump unit for a LOT of money, but the same solenoid is used on the air tank under the passenger floor and i found it was possible to buy that solenoid then make it fit where needed and it worked!

Regards Phil James.

Edited by ColinBarber

Hi people, i've found it to be caused by a solenoid valve on the edge of the air pump system under the offside rear wheel arch. The solenoid is not available separately and lexus offer a new pump unit for a LOT of money, but the same solenoid is used on the air tank under the passenger floor and i found it was possible to buy that solenoid then make it fit where needed and it worked!

Regards Phil James.

Thanks for posting that info. Phil. How much was the solenoid and do you know it's official name or a part number?

Alan

• 4 months later...

Regards Phil James. carelectrician.co.uk

Hi Phil,

After getting under the car and disconnecting/reconnecting the sensors and the solenoid, it looks like that exhaust solenoid must be the culprit. Do you happen to have the part number handy for that solenoid? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Regards Phil James.

Hi Phil,

After getting under the car and disconnecting/reconnecting the sensors and the solenoid, it looks like that exhaust solenoid must be the culprit. Do you happen to have the part number handy for that solenoid? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello, could you please send me the part number for that solenoid? I hope it fixed your problem.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links