Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Opinions On Hid Kits.. 6000K? 8000K? 10000K?

Rez89

And what about headlight washers?? as a mechanic/tester you must be know if the car has them or not there on the bumper you can see them!!. theres no doubting if your car has then or not. I am not trying to argue with you mearly pointing out the facts as they are. Headlight leveling systems you cant always check,, headlight washers you cant ignore!.

The loop hole is simple its in plain sight section 1.7 information collumn states

"Vehicles equipped with High Intensity Discharge (HID) or LED dipped beam headlamps may be fitted with headlamp washers and a suspension or headlamp self levelling system". The word "may" means the vehicle presnter can argue it "may" have them mine hasnt and never has. This point was shown to me at 18;30 tonight during a phone call from my local area office. I called them this morning with another problem and asked about hids while i was on. The phone call at half past six was as soon as they could get back to me, as since i had pointed out the problem, all the inspecters at my local office sat down and worked out what is right and wrong, they decifered the code as it were.

Bescause is says "may" have washers and leveling device, this means it also may not have them. Its now going back to the debate table and being re written thanks to me pointing it out. They (my local office) believe the word "Modified" is goign to be written into the reason for rejection collumn some how. So as it stands hids are not mot fail but they are going to be, so if your car fails on hids as i suggested it should now you know the arguement. Section 1.7 of the manuel in the information collumn it clearly states "Vehicles equipped with High Intensity Discharge (HID) or LED dipped beam headlamps may be fitted with headlamp washers and a suspension or headlamp self levelling system." your defence is simple your didnt have them and never had you dont have to proove it. If your tester still argues tell him to contact Andrew Mann at Chaderton office. This is new to all testers and is still very much a grey area but now its going back to the drawing bored and being re worded. Wouldnt be the first time vosa have brought stuff in then changed their minds about it.

Vosa doesnt decide whats legal or illegal on a car, Cateram and anyone else has nothing to worry about. My local area office sorted the problem out within a day i am sure someone at Cateram have seen what i have been told direct from vosa themselves.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt say anything about the washer jets as mine has them so i didnt think to find a way round them.... so anyone with a car with washers fitted could get round the hid mot stuff buy saying it has headlamp levelers..thats the point i was making...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links