Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Drawing Power From Headunit Wires...

Jimxms

I've got a few ideas buzzing round my head at the moment which would require approx 2A of power to be pulled from a 12v source somewhere near the center console.

Initially I'm thinking that I could maybe get some of those vampire t-tap style connectors and tap in to the 12v wire on the stereo connector, but I'm not sure if the wire will be thick enough to carry an extra 2A of current - and more importantly I'm wondering if it would just simply blow a fuse?

I'm guessing the answer might be to take from the ciggy lighter instead, but I've not pulled that part of my dash apart yet, so am apprehensive about my ability to get there.

Thoughts?

jollyroger makes a good point - if you need to get at the ciggy lighter its real easy on the 200/300,, just use a tiny screwdriver and lever up the chrome bit round the gearknob next to your knee from what i remember

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links