Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

6 Year Old Car

Dobbin

My '97 GS Sport went in for a service yesterday and some of the bulbs in the high level brake light in the spoiler needed replacing.

Problem is Lexus have discontinued the part and if I want it to be working I have to buy a complete new spoiler - only £358 :o :o :o

Why on earth don't they support the older cars by supplying such minor but important parts - I am completely pi$$ed off with them now. :angry::angry:

That aside Lexus Hadleigh were their usual excellent selves - even gave me a brand new RX as a courtesy car - what a nice motor. :D

Still doesn't make up for Lexus GB not being able to supply basic parts - :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Have ya tried breakers yards and refurbished parts stores, maybe they've got a GS300 in, they probably wont have take the bulbs out but if you ask nicely they'll no doubt let you fiddle with it yourself and take them for a quid or so?

might take some looking around but hey, it'd save ya £357 :excl: :D

I'm of course always available for donations.. :whistling: :winky: B)

Thanks Micelis - have you something that I might be after then? :winky:

I'm going to try and source this from somewhere if the warranty doesn't come up with a result.

I just can't believe that they would discontinue parts so soon - that's just plain :tsktsk: after sales support :angry:

:shifty: Well I can give you the parts that are falling of my Jag! :lol::lol: :D

doubt they'll be of much use to you, seeing it's not got a third brake light! :blink:

I'm guessing these bulbs were externally sourced and the manufacturer stopped producing them so that's why they changed them, cant really blame Lexus in that case..

I was just making sure you know I'm available in case you do acquire some bulbs in the way I suggested, and you need to find an alternative way to spend the £357 you've saved... :winky:

:shifty: Well I can give you the parts that are falling of my Jag! :lol::lol: :D

doubt they'll be of much use to you, seeing it's not got a third brake light! :blink:

I'm guessing these bulbs were externally sourced and the manufacturer stopped producing them so that's why they changed them, cant really blame Lexus in that case..

I was just making sure you know I'm available in case you do acquire some bulbs in the way I suggested, and you need to find an alternative way to spend the £357 you've saved... :winky:

Parts falling of a Jag - that brings back unhappy memories :crybaby:

I'm sure I can find somewhere to spend that kind of money (I feel a playstation coming on) :hehe: ;) :D

I blame Lexus for choosing an unreliable supplier (yes, I am in a filthy mood today) :excl:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links