Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Newbie !

egg

Hi all , im a newbie and just got hold of a manual lexus is200 sport in black on a 52 plate . near mint and covered 81k .

Ive been after one for a while now and eventually found this one which i brought . This is not normaly my cup of tea as im a mechanic and have owned skylines,imprezas,civic type r,evo etc etc . just sold my 51plate golf gti t which was remapped as i owned it for a year and fancied a change and i always liked the look of the is200 .

Not fast by all means and the first one i drove i thought omg its gutless !! its just a good looking cruiser which comes fully loaded .

just had a pair of new front tyres fitted as bald on inner edges and had a full geometery set up front and rear as was a fair bit out !! much better now though . the only thing getting on my nervs at the mo is what sounds like a rear wheel bearing noise but im sure its the budget rear tyres being noisey ! also im getting used to the clunky 1st to 2nd gear change as i had to with the civic type r too and the slightly whiney gearbox in 1st and 2nd which im hoping some new gearbox oil will sort out (redline or similar?)

will be keeping an eye out on here for some bodystyling bits and maybe the aero 18s if there available !!! will post some pics soon .

Hi all , im a newbie and just got hold of a manual lexus is200 sport in black on a 52 plate . near mint and covered 81k .

Ive been after one for a while now and eventually found this one which i brought . This is not normaly my cup of tea as im a mechanic and have owned skylines,imprezas,civic type r,evo etc etc . just sold my 51plate golf gti t which was remapped as i owned it for a year and fancied a change and i always liked the look of the is200 .

Not fast by all means and the first one i drove i thought omg its gutless !! its just a good looking cruiser which comes fully loaded .

just had a pair of new front tyres fitted as bald on inner edges and had a full geometery set up front and rear as was a fair bit out !! much better now though . the only thing getting on my nervs at the mo is what sounds like a rear wheel bearing noise but im sure its the budget rear tyres being noisey ! also im getting used to the clunky 1st to 2nd gear change as i had to with the civic type r too and the slightly whiney gearbox in 1st and 2nd which im hoping some new gearbox oil will sort out (redline or similar?)

will be keeping an eye out on here for some bodystyling bits and maybe the aero 18s if there available !!! will post some pics soon .

Hello and welcome to the club

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links