Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Adding Water To Radiator

akhlaq768

I need some help from you guys, just checked the oil level in the car over the weekend, also thought i check the water level in the radiator...

but as with my honda civic, there is an overflow bottle that i add water too, if it was running too low...

but where is it located on the is200, if it has one...

i noticed a black top and tube running from the back of the radiator, ive tried for ages to open the cap, but couldn't, so i decided to add the water to the radiator itself, making sure it was cooled down in the first place...

Is it safe adding water straight to the radiator itself and do i just top it up to the top?

thanks in advance

Hi

Mines a 300 but if its the same there is a black tube from the rad top to a black tank with a plastic top on it...its a pig to get off on mine..it is the exp tank and i keep it half full, i also have a peek under the rad cap proper to check its fully topped up. Apart from one panic moment over about 5 years never had a problem and never have to put water in, so if you are getting water loss it will need a good look round. Cos its never been a problem thats about all i know....!

any chance of takinga picture of this, as i dont think ive got one!!

Sorry, I don't have an IS, I just chirped in from what I've read on the forums as the IS owners on here seemed to be a bit shy.

Hi,

The expansion tank is built in to the fan housing which is the plastic attachment that runs along the back of the Radiator, as you look at it there is a black cap with a hose going into it on the left. This is a pop up cap a little pressure will open it and directly behind it on tyhe back is a plastic window to check the levels, hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links