Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Intermittent Dipping Mirrors

My IS 250 went back to the dealer to have the passenger door mirror fixed (it would not adjust or dip vertically) but I have subsequently noticed that neither mirror has been dipping when I put it into reverse.

I haven't been using it much lately becuase of the weather but got it out of the garage this morning to find that the mirrors are now dipping just fine! The only thing I've done since I last used the car over a week ago is to charge the Battery. Could this be a cold weather issue or something to do with the mirrors going through a number of cycles since the dealer disconnected the Battery to do the work in the first place (I seem to remember there is a similar issue with the one touch windows)?

Hi Simon,

With my GS, if the Battery is disconnected I need to reset my sunroof and Mirrors, easily done by putting them through a full cycle.

With Sunroof hold down the open button and alow the roof to go thro a full cycle.

With the wing mirrors, up, right, down, left....both sides.

This puts everything back as it should be,,,,,Merry Xmas, Tony.

Thanks for that, you're probably right there.

The thing I found strange was that they would adjust up and down, just wouldn't dip when I put the car into reverse.

There's so much "stuff" on this car that I have spent ages reading the manual just to check whether everything is working!

I guess there is a risk of some items failing and the ownwer not noticing for a very long time because he/she isn't aware of that particular function.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to you too.

Remember that if the slide switch (that designates which side mirror your operating) is set in the middle (i.e. neither selected) then this disables the auto-dip in reverse mode. The switch MUST be either set to L or R for the autodip to work

Well, they had the car for a couple of days and ordered some new parts but the main problem, which appears to be around the vents, is still there. They have, however, been very helpful and courteous which is a refreshing change after dealing with Mercedes and BMW in the last few years. I had a good Subaru dealer but they shut down......along with every other Subaru dealer I have ever used.

While looking at a C-Class in my local Merc dealer a few weeks ago I was confronted by a customer who had come to pick up his new car (that they had already taken a deposit on) only to find that they had sold it to someone else (presumably at a better price). They were rushing around trying to fob him off with another car. That combined with shocking incompetence from the service dept has put me off Mercs for a long time. A shame because they seem to be finally improving their cars after knocking out gaudy tat for the last 15 years!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links