Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

I've noticed a tank in front of my radiator that is filled with blue liquid. I had thought that it may be the tank for the screen wash however, i've been using the screen wash many times but the liquid still remains

I also do not have head light washers on my car. (check out the pictures) It's the tank with the black lid. (ignore the blue top bottle - that's for the LPG system)

thanks

nr1285.jpg

ru8dol.jpg

I didn't think UK spec models had this but my 1994 Celsior has the same set up, the main screen wash reservoir located in the inner wing area should contain the screen wash solution and this is activated by pressing the button on the end of the wiper stalk.

The tank you show should be filled with plain water and the idea is to rinse the screen after cleaning ( we are talking Lexus standards here with a wash and rinse cycle!),if you pull the wiper stalk towards you the will use the solution in this tank.

This set up is fine in warmer locations but plain water in the front tank could freeze here in the UK and damage it so I put screen wash in both,this way there's very little chance of running out of washer fluid as you basically have 2 tanks.

The Japanese writing on the top suggests the car may be a JDM import like mine?

The Japanese writing on the top suggests the car may be a JDM import like mine?

thanks for the reply and the info.

It is indeed an imported LS400. I know that because it says it on the logbook and the fact that Toyota is written all over it! Even the touch screen inside displays CELSIOR when i start it up.

thanks

It might be the other way round. The front bottle looks smaller and should contain the more concentrated wash fluid. The wing tank is larger for water/more diluted. My Soarer V8 LTD (5 years ago, so not certain) had push the stalk forward for front tank, button for the rinse.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links