Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gear Knob Mod - For 220 With Up Shift Reverse

aiden

Hello All,

I am to be the very proud owner of my very first Lexus on Tuesday coming. Its been a long wait but finally the day is drawing close. Its a IS220D. I noticed the gear knob was pretty faded and I'd like to get off on the right foot. I was looking at the following but was unsure as to wheather or not they would actuallly fit due to the fact that the manual gear box has an up shifting facility for reverse gear and this may not suit some longer type knobs.

I was looking at these on eBay but I dont think they would fit

http://cgi.ebay.ie/MERCEDES-B-CLASS-F16-BLACK-LEATHER-GEAR-KNOB-/290435062370?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item439f475a62#ht_2252wt_1199

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Gear-knob-Wood-Chrome-ROVER-45-/380299269598?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item588b9a55de#ht_2164wt_1139

I would be really grateful for some input on this and I look forward to spending more and more time on here in the future now that I am about to join the club.

P.S. Im from Ireland, does that matter????

• 1 month later...

Hi, congrats on the new car, I had the same problem with my knob :blush: asked on here but i dont think i pulled the secret hand shake off! I finally got one after months of searching. Richwood do one, a small ball type, very neat and fits snug with a little grub screw. Solid alloy type, very cold in the morings! I got the silver colour, but the dark grey looks smart. In my opinion, the best aftermarket knob for the 220. Hope this helps.

PS i found it new on eBay, if you need the seller msg me and i'll look it up. Mike

• 11 months later...

Hi,

i also want to change my shift knob on my 08 is220d.

The thread size is 12x1.25, i measured it. The problem is the reverse lock, this is why most aftermarket shift knobs will not fit. I found out that newer Subaru's thread and pitch is the same, and they also have reverse lock. So it seems any aftermarket shift knob for newer Subaru's (e.g.: wrx/sti) fill fit.

I am considering buying this one:

http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/shiftknobs/aluminum-m1abrams-reverselock.html

So it seems, you should search for Subaru shift knobs.

• 1 year later...

• 11 months later...

I fitted a brushed aluminium richbrook gearknob from Halfords, 30£ and It looks great, but you need to saw off around 3-4mm of the gear shifter pole so it looks nice and low and still shift into reverse, also you can then remove that silly sticker with gear pattern on the panel below, because it matches the gear pattern on the gearknob.

it took me around 20 mins to fit but now I don't regret it . ;) its the little details that make the difference

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links