Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Fogs Won't Come On.

Hi there,

Brand new Lexus IS 200 owner here (well second hand owner to be precise). I know there is a current

forum discussion on front fogs but mine won't switch on. Th green front fog light indication sign comes on on the dash but the actual lights won't come on. Is this just a fuse issue or am I just being my usual stupid self? Any advice gratefully received.

RTJ.

Hi there,

Brand new Lexus IS 200 owner here (well second hand owner to be precise). I know there is a current

forum discussion on front fogs but mine won't switch on. Th green front fog light indication sign comes on on the dash but the actual lights won't come on. Is this just a fuse issue or am I just being my usual stupid self? Any advice gratefully received.

RTJ.

I don't think the front foglight has a sign on the dash.... That's the rear foglights that do that. You are twisting the switch on the left hand stalk aren't you??? The push button to the lower right is the rear foglights. :winky:

Cheers

Dave.

The front fogs do have an indicator light on the dash, as do the rears. You may find the bulbs have gone and the previous owner couldn't change them out because the lampholders were corroded (common problem). I only have one working foglight on my IS200 Sport for the very same reason and didn't want to fork out £160.00 for a new unit for something that I would rarely use and isn't a requirement for the MOT.

The only time I use them on the IS-F is to improve the chances of finding potholes on the country lanes around here. There's one road to a local village that currently looks like a moonscape.

:winky:

Just checked mine again.... The front's do indeed have an indicator on the dash but the rears don't seem to..... They do have an LED / light on the rear foglight button itself that comes on when the rear fogs are turned on.

Cheers

Dave.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links