Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Single Din Convertor

Hey all,

-I have recently purchased an Alpine MP3 headunit for the IS200.

-I am unable to find single DIN convertors for the Lexus here in France.

-I am pleading that someone shows me the way towards buying one in the UK and having it sent over.

-If anyone could help, it would be appreciated.

Hmm, seems rather complicated with this harness business and the colours that don't match the interior.

I have sent an email to the company, we'll see what happens.

Have you personally changed the CD player?

Have you personally changed the CD player?

I haven't no.... my sound is stock...

Loads of others have though - I'm sure they can help (if the haven't posted previously already that is)...

Hmm..

Frustrating...I've had amplifiers, subwoofers and speakers sitting in my room for over 8 months - it's time to install.

hmm, same here! i am currently making boxes for the subwoofers. i have bought a wiring converter and it doesn't fit so will need to do something else. here is the system that i'm fitting:

Optima Yellow Top Battery (fitted by TDi)

SQL+ Fascia plate (purchased, waiting to fit)

Audiotoys Toyota Wiring Harness (doesn't fit!)

Alpine 9013R Head Unit (purchased, waiting to fit)

1 x Audiobahn 1801DQ (purchased, waiting to fit)

2 x Audiobahn AWT12X (purchased, waiting to fit)

Focal Utopia 165W2 Components (purchased, waiting for delivery)

Focal Audiom 6W (purchased, waiting for delivery)

HiFonics ZX6400 (purchased, waiting for delivery)

18mm MDF (purchased, in the hall at home!)

Sub-boxes - started to make from above MDF

I will be taking notes and pictures when I install so I'll post up any info thats useful

I spoke with Phil from the company who sell the single DIN convertors. He said that they are out of stock and that it will take a few weeks. Does anyone know of any other options? Could Lexus have any in stock, is it a possibility?

I spoke with Phil from the company who sell the single DIN convertors. He said that they are out of stock and that it will take a few weeks. Does anyone know of any other options? Could Lexus have any in stock, is it a possibility?

Lexus are a waste of time - they say that its not possible to fit anything other than the standard head unit.

You can also get the adapter from AutoToys in the US (same product as SQ+ I think):

http://store.autotoys.com/cgi-bin/wfp53024...ct/View/KIT8151

i know this doesnt help you much, but i have bought the DIN replacement (facia) kit - from Sqplus (manchester) but in the end couldnt use it, as the Alpine stereo head units were not compatible with the sat nav... If you lived locally you could have had what I got for nothing as it is no use to me (had to put the old std head unit back!!)

Thanks for the information guys.

My only question is why so many problems trying to install a simple headunit?

Have I just wasted 670 Euros on something I am never going to fit? Not to mention the rest of the equipment I have accumulated over the past year.

It's an Alpine - CDA7894RB and I'd really like to get my car finished for summertime cruising on the Riveria (is that so much to ask for?!) :unsure:

Thanks for the information guys.

My only question is why so many problems trying to install a simple headunit?

Have I just wasted 670 Euros on something I am never going to fit? Not to mention the rest of the equipment I have accumulated over the past year.

It's an Alpine - CDA7894RB and I'd really like to get my car finished for summertime cruising on the Riveria (is that so much to ask for?!) :unsure:

Hopefully not wasted - I had hoped it would be a simple matter of buying the head unit, the din adapter and the wiring harness and off you go. Unfortunately the wiring harness does not fit my IS200 (maybe it will work on newer cars). I'll post some pictures of the harness I have so you can see if it will fit your car.

My IS200 was built in late 1999 but is registered as a 2000. ;)

This is really starting to bug me, I'm going to have to find another way or get something custom built if this silliness continues!! :yahoo:

No seriously, have you installed a headunit yet darkIS200?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links