Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Might Buy A Sportcross. Advice Please.

sir john

I love my LS and would be loath to get rid of it but i have to admit, i could really do with an estate because we have a Rhodesian Ridgback dog. Hense looking at Sportscross.

Wonder if you could help with a couple of questions.

1 When did the diesel come in? or is the Sportcross a petrol only model.

2 What do you get to the gallon from the 200 and 300 petrol engines?

3 Is the load area large enough for a largish dog?

thanks. jonathan

I love my LS and would be loath to get rid of it but i have to admit, i could really do with an estate because we have a Rhodesian Ridgback dog. Hense looking at Sportscross.

Wonder if you could help with a couple of questions.

1 When did the diesel come in? or is the Sportcross a petrol only model.

2 What do you get to the gallon from the 200 and 300 petrol engines?

3 Is the load area large enough for a largish dog?

thanks. jonathan

Hi Jonathan, I do run a Sportcross for exactly the dog reason, a young crackers Airedale who never stopped growing, when seated she measures 960MM to the top her big daft head and she has no problems in this car. The boot floor is adjustable for height so on its low setting she has plenty room and head clearance, I have a Saunders dog guard which fits really well and secures to the rear head restraints so causes no damage to the vehicle but of course you can fold the rear seat backs down (and the front passenger seat)so the car is able to carry large loads.

No diesel Sportcross was ever offered, mine is a 300 with the superb e shift auto box which always returns 370 - 400 miles per fill up which is plenty good enough for me when you consider the available performance!think that works out about 30MPG I really like the car and always take it out in preference to my GS450h.

I will try to attach a photo of Mavis in the car to give you a better idea of size but it is difficult to get her to sit still !but she does ride happily in the back all day.

Please shout if I can be of any more help

Regards Tony

Thanks a lot for that Tony. Really helpful when considering whether to change the Ls for a Sportcross. But tell me something; is the petrol IS a quiet cruiser? I ask becausa of all the things i love about the LS, i really like the super smooth cruising.

Thanks

As above there was no diesel in the MK1 IS, the Sportcross was available as a 300 only to begin with, and then the 200 was made available in 2003 I think.

The IS is a competent cruiser, but I'm pretty sure nowhere near the comfort levels of the LS - I personally think the 300 will be the better choice for you, there won't be much in it in fuel and the extra power and refinement will be worth more to you.

Best to take one for a test drive and see how you go :)

I used the Spoprtcross as my work car for about 18 months (70,000 miles) and fount it to be excellent but not as near silent as the previous GS300 with the same engine but never thought of it as irritating or tiring unlike almost every other car I have used over the years.I have to wonder why you would consider a diesel after your Ls !!!

Hi I run a IS 200 manual sportcross ;I find it an excellent car ,quiet and comfortable I have just done a check over the last 1000 miles @ 29.8 MPG 70% on long runs .

I don't have dogs but my daughter has 2 ; they fit ok in the back but she has the old shape Honda CRV and that has more 'dog room'.I bought the 200 because the 300 was not available in manual ,but having driven 10000 miles I think auto would suit the car if I was to buy another I would go for the 300; all in all a very versatile car .

I used the Spoprtcross as my work car for about 18 months (70,000 miles) and fount it to be excellent but not as near silent as the previous GS300 with the same engine but never thought of it as irritating or tiring unlike almost every other car I have used over the years.I have to wonder why you would consider a diesel after your Ls !!!

thanks for all the replies. As for your question about why i would concider a Diesel: The only time the dog is in thhe car is on our monthly 660+ mile weekend round trip.

I had a new IS220d on hire for a month last year while the LS was being repaired and it wasnt bad really compaired to the LS. That said i only managed about 38mpg.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links