Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lights From America

Dinho

Good day people, Ive seen some rear lights on eBay that i am considering buying from USA, and they say all VAT and customs fees are charged directly to them and I wont have to pay any extra when they get here. Does anyone know the law on this and if what they are saying is true, I would hate to be stung buy a duty charge at my door step! Thanks in advanced.

I brought a set a year back from a eBay seller and yes the tax was paid on them before i got them. dhl tried to send me a bill for 5 pounds and i told them that taxes were paid by the shipper and they said ok and nothing more to pay. this might be because i'm in sweden and the taxes might be higher than the uk..... but i did not pay so it was ok

Thanks for the info, will have to give it a try and see what happens. Atleast then i'll know what to expect in future, and I agree if they dont put the price on or make the parcel look like a sale hopefully it wont ring alarm bells to the TAX man

I've had a few items from the States recently and I've found the UK customs charge you first, then its down to you to claim it back, down side is you still have to pay Parcel Force uk handling charges, that was £22.00, that you don't get back :angry:

So did they contact you saying theyve got your item held and you have to pay a fee to get it, or did they knock your door and demand cash which wouldnt suprise me if they did that.

Nope, talking about the darker rear lights. for the clear fogs have a look on eBay, but you probably will find you can only get them from taiwan or america, and maybe another foreign countries. Everywhere but the UK!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links