Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Battery - Permanent Problem

I bought 2007 rx400h with 22k. I got it from Park Lane garage with 1 year warranty. at the moment there is 25 750 on the clock. Since 2 months if I do not use car for more then 3-4 days

everything is dead. AA man came and made a quick start with spare Battery and asked me to drive a car for 1.5 hr. It has happened 3 times and I used my friend's spare Battery . I came from 1 week holiday yesterday and again Battery is completely flat. Can you advice me what I suppose to do now. I can't drive this £ 26.000 car 1.5 hr every time when I do not drove for longer then 3-4 days it is ridicules. This is still under a warranty of garage. Please help me ....xxxxHanna

Hi, welcome to the club...

If it's under warranty get it back to the dealership to be checked/resolved - ask about a higher capacity battery while you're at it...

THank you for edvice it helped me a lot but do you know the reason why it is going flat so often . Millage is low, do not tried to used anything electric inside

The auxiliary Battery is on its last legs (the one under the bonnet that starts the electronics of the hybrid system). Tell the dealership you're very unhappy about it and want it resolved immediately. It happened to mine when I first got it. First day after I got it home, I went out to it for a drive and it was dead. The dealership took it away and changed the small Battery under the bonnet and its been ok since (3 yrs). Not the best start to my Lexus-ownership experience though!

Cheers,

Unity.

The auxiliary battery is on its last legs (the one under the bonnet that starts the electronics of the hybrid system). Tell the dealership you're very unhappy about it and want it resolved immediately. It happened to mine when I first got it. First day after I got it home, I went out to it for a drive and it was dead. The dealership took it away and changed the small battery under the bonnet and its been ok since (3 yrs). Not the best start to my Lexus-ownership experience though!

Cheers,

Unity.

Thank you sooooo much, Will ask my dealer for new Battery. xxxHanna

This appears to be an ongoing problem with the H models, there have been numerous threads in forums regarding the aux (12V) Battery failing after the vehicle is left for more than 5-7 days, I guess its just down to a poor OEM Battery spec or for some reason with this model there is a continous drain which exceeds the batteries standby capacity.

Good luck with your dealer.

This appears to be an ongoing problem with the H models, there have been numerous threads in forums regarding the aux (12V) battery failing after the vehicle is left for more than 5-7 days, I guess its just down to a poor OEM battery spec or for some reason with this model there is a continous drain which exceeds the batteries standby capacity.

This is an ongoing problem with the RX400 and has been discussed here many many times to the point of boredom. Try you dealer for a new one on the grounds that even by RX400 standards this is poor.

This appears to be an ongoing problem with the H models, there have been numerous threads in forums regarding the aux (12V) battery failing after the vehicle is left for more than 5-7 days, I guess its just down to a poor OEM battery spec or for some reason with this model there is a continous drain which exceeds the batteries standby capacity.

This is an ongoing problem with the RX400 and has been discussed here many many times to the point of boredom. Try you dealer for a new one on the grounds that even by RX400 standards this is poor.

That was exactly the point I was making the OP aware of, but don't forget a new owner would not be bored yet ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links