Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just a couple of questions if anyone can help.I hava three bulbs gone on the dash,one is the fan switch and two in the audio unit(1 tape switch 2 cd switch )Can they be replaced and is it easy.The other question is the three switches on the console.,heated seats and headlight wash.All work fine, as do the yellow on lights in the seat switches,but should they illuminate at night as they don't.Many thanks,Pete.

Just a couple of questions if anyone can help.I hava three bulbs gone on the dash,one is the fan switch and two in the audio unit(1 tape switch 2 cd switch )Can they be replaced and is it easy.The other question is the three switches on the console.,heated seats and headlight wash.All work fine, as do the yellow on lights in the seat switches,but should they illuminate at night as they don't.Many thanks,Pete.

Hi Pete,

I'm not sure. You seem to have an extremely rare pre-version of the LS400, produced in 1977 ;)

I concur with Ruud, you've popped the wrong year of the car in your profile. On the assumption that the car is a 1997 The answer regarding the seat and wash lights is yes they should. You will need to remove the console from the cupholder end, disconnect the 3 cables, remove the switch carrier from the console - 3 phillips screws - and then remove the 3 bulb holders to be able to unsolder the long-tail bulbs and solder in replacements.

With regard to the radio lights, same procedure but you will have to remove the radio and heater controls etc. Let me know if you need any guidance and I will happily assist. The climate control will be the same as you will see.

OK Guys i am clearly not as up to scratch as you are with the LS400 So this is from the log book.

Date of Registration 21-03-1997.

Date of registration in the UK 21-03-1997

Registration No P133 KOP

Chassis No JT153UF2000082662

Engine No 1UZ0653308

Colour Green

Please inform me why this is so rare.

OK Guys i am clearly not as up to scratch as you are with the LS400 So this is from the log book.

Date of Registration 21-03-1997.

Date of registration in the UK 21-03-1997

Registration No P133 KOP

Chassis No JT153UF2000082662

Engine No 1UZ0653308

Colour Green

Please inform me why this is so rare.

Have a CAREFUL read of your original post and then at your member profile

I just have ?

And you've changed your Member Profile to show "1997" rather than "1977" which is what Ruud had spotted! Some of these guys are very sharp ;) so forgive the humour.

My advice and offer of assistance stands. The bulbs almost definately need replacing. Its not difficult but it is a bit fiddly and you will need a fine point soldering iron. If you have one, its worth taking the units apart and de-soldering at least 1 bulb from each unit and so you know what to order. I haven't had the climate control apart but assume its similar to the radio display.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links