Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Piston Rings

julia9

I have an IS200, year 2000. Can anyone advise on how many miles the engine will do before the piston rings need changing, approximately, thanks.

if the engine is looked after these engines will easily cover 250.000 miles

I have an IS200, year 2000. Can anyone advise on how many miles the engine will do before the piston rings need changing, approximately, thanks.

if the engine is looked after these engines will easily cover 250.000 miles

Thanks, I need to get the valve seals replaced as its smoking when started. The engine has been well looked after but the mileage is 175,000. Any idea if anything else might need replacing, just trying to estimate cost and time involved.

if i was you get on to eBay and find yourself a nice low milage engine it'll work out cheaper..

how bad does it smoke?if it just smokes on start up id just leave it..

if i was you get on to ebay and find yourself a nice low milage engine it'll work out cheaper..

how bad does it smoke?if it just smokes on start up id just leave it..

Its quite bad now, should of got it done last year, the engine management light came on last week and the code was the O2 sensor in the cat, probably the oil. Really, change engine? Was going to get my dad to do it so wont be paying garage price, would you still replace engine? thanks.

well yours has done 175k if theirs nothing else wrong with the car why not treat it??

but if your dad is doing the work for free then id let him do it...

but if it was my car a nice 50k engine from eBay would be going in my car..

well yours has done 175k if theirs nothing else wrong with the car why not treat it??

but if it was my car a nice 50k engine from ebay would be going in my car..

Ok thanks for the advice, you are probably right, the car is perfect otherwise, I was dreading him taking it to bits and finding more things wrong.

Ok thanks for the advice, you are probably right, the car is perfect otherwise, I was dreading him taking it to bits and finding more things wrong.

I have found an engine but its a out of a car thats auto, mine is manual, does anyone know if the bell housing etc is the same, thanks.

in your case changing the engine will be the smart move.

you shouldnt have a problem mating your gearbox on the engine you found.

flywheel, radiator etc have to been taken into account.

just hoping you dont have any electrical issues.

but research through rather than going for me advise!

• 3 weeks later...

I have found an engine but its a out of a car thats auto, mine is manual, does anyone know if the bell housing etc is the same, thanks.

wont matter you will be swapping the flywheel over and yip its all the same and will fit..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links