Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Open Road?

Nice. My wife couldn't get the time off work so I'm bringing my Dad with me :blush:

He's 59 and I'm 29 so I imagine that he'll be getting the hard sell whilst I get ignored! He drives a Rover and I drive an Lexus! This always happens at motor shows, but it works for me! I get to look at all the metal whilst he gets hassled! :)

:tsktsk: :D :yahoo::yahoo: attended the open road event in norwich today-top day,everyone in suits, im wearing jeans and a t-shirt,anyway no-one tried to sell the cars(wasnt even a price list available),nor did they judge ,i think i was the youngest there-its a pukka day out,and if you get the chance try the sc430's kickdown whilst doing 100mph,it goes like s :tsktsk: :tsktsk: t off a shovel ,(so someone told me!!!)ps if there is an off road area- you can do mega handbrake turns in the rx300 (again,so ive heard)

Nice. My wife couldn't get the time off work so I'm bringing my Dad with me :blush:

He's 59 and I'm 29 so I imagine that he'll be getting the hard sell whilst I get ignored! He drives a Rover and I drive an Lexus! This always happens at motor shows, but it works for me! I get to look at all the metal whilst he gets hassled! :)

As you must be the dealers star customer you'd think all the sales guys would know you!

Nice.  My wife couldn't get the time off work so I'm bringing my Dad with me  :blush:

He's 59 and I'm 29 so I imagine that he'll be getting the hard sell whilst I get ignored!  He drives a Rover and I drive an Lexus!  This always happens at motor shows, but it works for me!  I get to look at all the metal whilst he gets hassled!  :)

As you must be the dealers star customer you'd think all the sales guys would know you!

Stangely enough - I'd love to know how many people have had more than 3 cars from Lexus Hadleigh! :) Hopefully Jeremy will be there that sold me my 3 Lexi - he's a nice chap. It'll be nice to say hello!

I'm a computer programmer and I live in Essex and work in Woking! It's a 150 mile round trip each day. I go by train! Four of them to be exact!!

Hence, I work from home a couple of days a week! So, I started work at 7am both days this week and will finish early today to go to Open Road! :)

Obviously i'll be in LOC 'attire'  ...

Better than all that red carnation and copy of vogue bollox  :yack:

Firstly, soz for coming across as a berk and asking your screen name!!!

Anyway, what a fantastic event! Getting to drive lots of nice motors was a sheer delight, and |I'm already considereing an upgrade!

The SC and RX are fantastic cars (IMHO!)!

However, apart from the pain from grinning so much, had to laugh at some, erm, person, totally demolish a road cone (Twice) whilst doing the paralell park... despite having a fool proof system in the RX, and having a lexus rep in the back!!!!

Lastly, the IS300 with TTE styling... What a nice motor. I was very surprised at how subtly different it is from the IS200 SE I have. So much so, that's what I'm considering.

Anyway, a big well done to all Lexus Ipswich and lexus UK staff.... A fantastic event!

Obviously i'll be in LOC 'attire'   ...

Better than all that red carnation and copy of vogue bollox   :yack:

:D Aha, that was you was it ..

I struggle coz few people's names here bear any resemblance to their real name.

Just after you asked, the lady showing me to the car said on a previous event,

some guy had asked for his ID card with the name 'Wilderbeast' :blink:

I quickly corrected her ... You mean 'Wildrnes' .. Ahh yes, that was it ...

LOL @ Mat :D :D Clearly made an impression mate :winky:

Think i saw J-boss ... and his pop.

03 reg blue IS leaving as i was re-arriving after another drive round.

That reverse camera parking in the RX is mighty clever ...

Bit of a 'leap of faith' though staring at the TV while parking the car :unsure:

Tried IS200 + 300 too ...

Just to remind myself that neither are as quick as an IS200 Compressor B)

Yes, twas a good afternoon ...

Obviously i'll be in LOC 'attire'   ...

Better than all that red carnation and copy of vogue bollox   :yack:

:D Aha, that was you was it ..

I struggle coz few people's names here bear any resemblance to their real name.

Just after you asked, the lady showing me to the car said on a previous event,

some guy had asked for his ID card with the name 'Wilderbeast' :blink:

I quickly corrected her ... You mean 'Wildrnes' .. Ahh yes, that was it ...

LOL @ Mat :D :D Clearly made an impression mate :winky:

Think i saw J-boss ... and his pop.

03 reg blue IS leaving as i was re-arriving after another drive round.

That reverse camera parking in the RX is mighty clever ...

Bit of a 'leap of faith' though staring at the TV while parking the car :unsure:

Tried IS200 + 300 too ...

Just to remind myself that neither are as quick as an IS200 Compressor B)

Yes, twas a good afternoon ...

Yep, that was me and the old man! :-)

My Dad really liked the LS430!

My wife wants to replace her 2 year old Vauxhall Corsa with a 4x4. We were considering spending around 18-22k on a Rav 4 or a Freelander. Having driven the RX300 I've come to the conclusion that it may be wise to go back to being a single car family with an RX.

I my well be going to see Jeremy at Lexus Hadleigh to see what I might get for my 3 month old IS. I only drive 7.5k miles a year and the RX is so quiet on the road and would carry our dog and other crap up to the Lake District where we regularly go on holiday that I think it might be wise just to switch back to a single car. Mind you, I imagine I've probably lost a bucket load of cash if I trade the IS in now! Can't get that RX300 SE-L out of my mind though... :-)

Descisions, decisions... :-)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links