Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where Is The Amp?

Sterling

Having a go at replacing the CD Changer with an aftermarket unit. I bought the amp bypass cable but it is not instantly apparent to me where the amp is.

Here is a picture with my glove box removed. Can anyone tell me where the amp is and how to get the bypass cable attached.

PIC

Yep far left with what look like cooling fins. The side facing the firewall holds the connection you need. Its a fiddly job and helps if you have small fingers, but you need to pull the long connecter out of the amp. This is the output loom which leads to the speakers. Once disconnected you should see on your bypass cable a matching connector. Connect the two and you have now bypassed your amp.

To be honest i was same as you so ended up undoing the two or three clips holding the amp in so i could get my fingers round the connecter well enough to push the locking clips in on either end of the connector. Helps if you take the lower left trim panel off (kick plate on left of footwell)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links