Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Grom Installation - Failure!

So there's me all excited as my new brodit pro-clip and grom unit arrived today. Finally some good music in my car as the FM radio AND err3 problems are on my stereo.

I whip out the stereo, plug everything in and.... nothing. It didn't work. In fact when the grom is plugged in the stereo comes on, but a double press of the CD button doesn't switch to the grom - and the display is illuminated but blank.

Is anyone familiar enough with grom installation on a '99 navigator IS200 that can help? Or alternatively does anyone have a link to the stereo wiring diagram?

Thanks in advance!

When you say you pressed the cd button did you press it once or twice, it should change the display to cd1!

As I said above, I double pressed it, but the display was blank so god knows what it said! :lol:

Just my luck that it didn't work - expensive paperweight though, hence I am very keen to try and sort it. To be honest, if I could get another CD player in there that worked for sensible money - I would do that and sell the grom.

Thats a shame speedfreak. Hopefully you should manage to sell it on. Alot of is200 cd players read error's. As for mine reading error1, luckly last week at a scrapyard while browsing for a new coil i came across a 54pl8 lex, with the cd unit fully workin for £60, just hope it lasts... (touch wood)

Thats a shame speedfreak. Hopefully you should manage to sell it on. Alot of is200 cd players read error's. As for mine reading error1, luckly last week at a scrapyard while browsing for a new coil i came across a 54pl8 lex, with the cd unit fully workin for £60, just hope it lasts... (touch wood)

I am very fortunate that Mr Rudus' friend came to see me yesterday evening, and after much faffing around we managed to get it working in his car - so it now has a new owner :)

I have also found a local audio place that has an engineer that is familiar with the repair of this error and will do it for £150 + vat. When I get this done in a couple of months, I will advertise the details so everyone can benefit - as that seems to be a cracking price!

Thats great another happy lexus owner then. Yeah let us know how that repair gets along. Iv got the old changer lying around reading error1 could fix it and keep it as a spare or sell it.

Good luck with the repair.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links