Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 Se-L Reversing Camera Problem

I have a 2004 RX300 SE-L. The reversing camera is very intermittent and doesn’t work most of the time. The screen works fine, it’s just when I select reverse the camera doesn’t come on and the screen just turns to a blank flickering screen. I phoned Lexus and they said the camera probably needs replacing or It could be a wiring issue

Has anybody had this kind of problem before?

Where can I get a cheap camera from?

Does anybody know how to replace the camera?

Thank you

I have a 2004 RX300 SE-L. The reversing camera is very intermittent and doesn’t work most of the time. The screen works fine, it’s just when I select reverse the camera doesn’t come on and the screen just turns to a blank flickering screen. I phoned Lexus and they said the camera probably needs replacing or It could be a wiring issue

Has anybody had this kind of problem before?

Where can I get a cheap camera from?

Does anybody know how to replace the camera?

Thank you

First thing to check is the connections in the camera line, if its flickering it sounds like a video fault rather than just a dead camera.

Did you solve this?

I have the same problem on an 05 SEL

Been flickering on and off for past few weeks but sod's law said when it went for service last week it was fine so they did not investigate the reported problem.

Now it seems to have gone completely today

A quick search of this forum seems to indicate the solution is a £1200 new camera :ohmy:

However it feels for all the world to me that it just a loose wiring connection somewhere around the gear lever.

Anyone know where the connection is and whether it is easily accessible?

I fear if I take it in now they will say new camera required regardless.

And to add to this - I notice that the side mirrors dont tilt down now when i reverse which i'm hoping is linked to the same wiring issue

EDIT: Mirrors issue solved and not connected - the control switch has to be on left or right to allow revering dipping of mirrors to happen and it was returned from service in the middle

Did you solve this?

I have the same problem on an 05 SEL

Been flickering on and off for past few weeks but sod's law said when it went for service last week it was fine so they did not investigate the reported problem.

Now it seems to have gone completely today

A quick search of this forum seems to indicate the solution is a £1200 new camera :ohmy:

However it feels for all the world to me that it just a loose wiring connection somewhere around the gear lever.

Anyone know where the connection is and whether it is easily accessible?

I fear if I take it in now they will say new camera required regardless.

Hi, thanks for the replies, No, the mirrors still tilt down sorry.

If it’s a wiring issue I don’t suppose anybody has a wiring diagram do I can get to the wires and attempt to fix the problem by ‘playing’ with the wires. Also does anybody know any particular points where the wires could be causing the problem?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links