Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I think we've come to our decision on which SUV we're going for and it is the RX400h. I've seen a couple that interest me but I'm slightly confused by the spec. I'm only interested in SE models as the SEL only really seems to offer the ML stereo and rear DVD entertainmant as additions.

What I'm confused about is what's the difference between an SE with navigation and an SE with multimedia and sat nav? I assume multimedia is just the ML stereo and front DVD?

Any help much appreciated as ever.

I think it depends on the year, they shifted model designations and equipment fit around a bit, but around early 2008 when I bought mine the position was:

SE - no display screen, no nav etc.

SE Multimedia - display screen, nav, Mark Levinson stereo (comes with the nav)

SE-L - as multimedia PLUS rear seat DVD system.

So you're right, there is no difference between an SE with multimedia and one with multimedia and satnav - the multimedia is the satnav, screen and everything that comes with it (including ML stereo which can play DVDs in the front).

The remaining confusion was that there was an option on the SE Multimedia to add rear-seat DVD/screen, sometimes called the ICE option. This would make it an SE-L in all but badge. Someone might be mis-referring to the rear-seat DVD/screen fit as 'multimedia' although Lexus use that to refer to the front display screen and the associated toys.

These are two cars advertised by Lexus in their approved used scheme so I wouldn't have expected them to get confused. Both cars are on '57 plates and both have Bluetooth connection.

If they're both on a 57 plate then I'm sure it's just Lexus being silly - I know that early RXs only had the ML system on the SE-L, and the SE just had nav as an option. Later in life it became a multimedia pack for the SE so it would get the DVD, ML system and nav.

I don't know whether this applies to the RX400h (I don't think it does) so they should all have the multimedia pack - either way look at the photos carefully and if the mark levinson logo is on the stereo then it's the multimedia.

Not sure. Although they're with the same dealership, they are at different branches so it may be how whoever put the ads together for the web site.

Spec listing is as follows:

RX400h SE (Navigator)

Euro sat nav, reversing camera, Bluetooth connectivity, drivers memory seat etc.

RX400h SE (Mutlimedia)

Euro sat nav, Handsfree Bluetooth connectivity, reversing camera, radio CD multi-changer etc.

Both the same price and 2k difference in mileage the MM option being the highest mileage.

Just found out that Navigator is the early version of multimedia. Difference is multimedia plays DVD and has a better sat nav function. Both are ML stereos.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links