Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I have a 2007 Lexus IS250 with the auto-switchtronic gearbox. I have been driving the car perfectly fine until yesterday I started it up to go out but switch it off ran back inside to do something, 30mins later tried starting the car up again and it wouldn't start now I cant even put it into gear, the AA came out and there diagnosis machine cant even get a reading from the car as it refuses to communicate with there computer, has anyone got an idea's what could have caused the car to do that.

I have experienced the non starting issue with a few cars where if you start them up and either move them a very short distance or non at all and then turn them off they prove to be difficult to start. I think they get flooded and need some time for the fuel to evapourate or burn off.

I think trying to restart on a full throttle was the cure bizarrely.

As to your gearbox issue and diagnostics I cannot advise.

Thanks.

I have experienced slight difficulty in starting (two or three attempts necessary) and rough running for a while after driving my car out of the garage and switching off. I am almost certain that, as mraines suggests, this is due to flooding, and driving for a bit burns off the excess fuel. I have just checked with my car and with no pressure on the brake to get the green ignition light, it take two pushes of the starter switch before the gear selector can be moved. Is it possible that you push the switch once to try to start the car but, as the engine does not fire, this prevents the gear selector from being moved? What happens if, without any pressure on the brake, you push the switch twice?

I have tried all that but still no joy in getting it started the ABS light and engine management lights are on the stereo dont work and when I release the electric hand brake the light is still on, the start button stays orange and wont change to green has anyone got any info on how to get this car working without me taking it to the dealers

I have tried all that but still no joy in getting it started the ABS light and engine management lights are on the stereo dont work and when I release the electric hand brake the light is still on, the start button stays orange and wont change to green has anyone got any info on how to get this car working without me taking it to the dealers

Computers can behave like teenagers - truculent, refusing to answer, insolent and generally a PITA. However, although not available for teenagers, the final sanction of switching off all power often forces a computer to start behaving itself. Your problem sounds as though the car's microprocessor could be playing up so it might be worth disconnecting the Battery for a while in the hope that things reset themselves. However, I urge caution and suggest that, before you try this, you call your Lexus dealer and ask if disconnecting the Battery will do any harm.Maybe someone else on this forum can comment on whether or not disconnecting the Battery would be worth trying.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links