Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Want Info On Mods

Future

Hey whats goin down everyone....

I wanna get things straight here cause I don't wanna be like those kids who want to be racers and pretend to act like them on these types of forums by saying they are older. I'm not...My dad owns a SC430 but I am totally into the import industry and can't stand the ugly looking wheels...., the very highly potent engine (3UZ-FE) that is used in certain JGTC (Japan Grand Touring Cars..?) on the stock SC430.... And by reading some of the forums some people say that SC430's are a very rare sight to see but in the city I live there are about 10 Sc430's or more in a population of about only 70 000. I want my dads to be unique which I am pretty sure most of you understand.

But I'm sorry in advance for this long post....

I need some advice on a list of mods that would be in the works....

HRE 540 Performance wheels- 20x8.5 front and 20x9.5 or 20x10 inch rear

-would that be too big? I have read some posts that a TEIN suspension solved the problem of the wheel touching the fender wall or wheel well?

-the regular 540's also have a standard Tire Pressure Sensor compatability and are identical to the 540R's

Bridgestone Potenza's S-03

-is the S-03 a ultra high-performance tire? or just a high peformance tire?

-does anyone else have this tire that can comment on tread of wear of these tires?

-will this affect the tire sensor with the changing of new wheels? I know the rims are tire pressure combatible .........

TEIN Comfort Spec Cruising Master Type CS Coilovers

-will this help the ride quality? make the ride softer or harder? or is it the one with 16 adjustable dampening force

-can I use the Electronic Force Dampening Controller with all TEIN coilovers? or just the type HA?

Possible Brake Kit from brembo?

-not sure if they make an actual kit for the SC430 but it showed up on NOPI online but did not show on Brembo's official site

-make the rims look better!

I would love that remote top and remote starter because its right on the stock key which is great so u dont have to have keys dangling around everywhere

-where can I get that done in Canada?

-do I have to go to Luxury Motorworks in Monrovia, California just to do it?

That is it for suspension, rims, tires etc. but I want some engine work done too which I will later post probaly....I just don't want to have a super long post

Again so sorry for the extremly long post, and thx in advance for the advice and info

Bridgestone Potenza's S-03 are ultra high performance. Top of the range Bridgestones for road cars. As good as any in the dry and the best there is in the wet. Not the quietest tyre around and you won't get 20,000 miles out of them but that's normal for this level of performance.

Wow, sounds like you want to spend a pretty penny on your DAD's car! Heehee, just bust'n your balls. Hey, but if you got it, why not flaunt it!!!

Well, The Tein Coilovers will make your ride stiffer, but you'll be able to take turns faster and make the entire car just handle more like a sports car...

Bridgestone SO-3 ... UNBELIEVABLE, they stick like no other!

and if your rims are too wide, just get some spacers, but that sounds like it'll work :-)

• 2 weeks later...

well, i was in the same boat as you, but now i am a bit unique....hehehe, i am not too crazy about engine mods, but i like the drop look, different wheels and mods that makes easier to do things, like remote top, remote starter.... IS AWESOME...!!! :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links