Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi! Newbie Here! Having Problems With Ls400! Missing And S

MARKMCD

Sorry to be asking for hard earned precious knowledge just after joining the site, but yous are the only guys that can help. I work at cars in Northern Ireland here and I play about with skylines a bit, so maybe we can trade a bit with info!!! :D

To be honest I am having trouble with my mates LS400. The car doesnt want to idle, and it wont take the throttle at all. It would mind you of a dead MAF.The engine management light burns constant. First thing I did was plugged the car using the hanatech(tried both connectors)and the car would not go through the diagnostic sequence? I then tried bridging out the wires at both diagnostic links and still no sequence. One thing I noticed is when you turn the ignition on the management light doesnt come on until you crank the engine!!! It could be something simple but the mangement lights actions are giving me the idea of wiring or ecu?

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

You really need to get the codes out of the system,have you followed the correct procedure in the link below?

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/codereading.html

As you say it could be a number of things including the IACV, TPS and Throttle body but you need to narrow the options down with a code read 1st.

Are the cats overheating? there have been frequent reports of failed coils on the earlier models.

Thanks Steve for the reply and welcome. I tried bridging out as shown on the diagram, I have used this method on mr2's etc but it the light just isnt goin through the right sequence. Once you turn the ignition on should the mil light not be on constant until you start? Yes both the cats glow red hot!!! Could still be coil failure?? The car has been sitting some time so I had cleaned around the caps but it didnt help at all. The owner has had this car almost twenty years and this is his first bother, he also keeps 2 Ferraris and a Maseratti. He classes the lexus as the best car he has ever owned!!

It does sound like coil failure the usual culprit is the passenger side one opposite the Battery carrier,bit awkward to get to and the HT lead needs some care to remove.

They are fairly cheap to buy around £30.00 this place does a good price with mail order.

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/?autospares

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links