Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

I have had a GS450H for about 6 months including a service with Lexus Milton Keynes.

I have looked in the manual and can't see an answer to my query.

Is the boot supposed to open automatically and fully extend when you press the boot release button on the dash or on the key? I have read that it automatically closes when you close the boot to halfway (This doesn't work on my car, I asked Lexus to look at this and they didn't bother)

Has anyone else had any issues with the closing of the boot, if I close it right down it seems to mechanically connect then and close the boot. I just don't know how the system works or how I go about trying to get it working properly.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Has anyone else had any issues with the closing of the boot, if I close it right down it seems to mechanically connect then and close the boot. I just don't know how the system works or how I go about trying to get it working properly.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

You boot is working correctly. On the fob it will open, you will need to use your limbs to pull it open fully. Closing is as you described. It will close itself, like soft closing doors in a way.

As the other person said, that is normal operation.

You close the boot lid until it is slightly ajar, then it pulls itself in like a soft close facility.

Popping the boot lid does just that, a dull thunk and the lid pops open. You then have to lift it yourself ! In a Lexus ! :P

It is the one gripe I have about the GS I wish Oh I wish it would open and close itself on the button like some Mercedes !

Maybe someone from Lexus is listening ? Can we have proper motorised opening and closing please ?

Maybe someone from Lexus is listening ? Can we have proper motorised opening and closing please ?

It's only on the LS and the RX - perhaps the next GS might have it?

I wish the door mirrors would auto fold in when the door are locked, drives my cazy having to find the button hidden in the flip down panel and then having to open the door into the traffic with no mirror. Is it me ?

I wish the door mirrors would auto fold in when the door are locked, drives my cazy having to find the button hidden in the flip down panel and then having to open the door into the traffic with no mirror. Is it me ?

I remember that pain from before having the auto fold fitted in the IS200.

I think all Lexus cars have autofold mirrors now though, so going forwards shouldn't be an issue. Definitely quite late to the party though (as Lexus seem to be in many areas)........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links