Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Booked In With Wim!

Hi everyone,

Got the inner tyre wear problem, again!, vague feeling at speed and steering not centering.

Was going to get the geo sorted via blackboots and around Stoke, but everyone else has convinced me to get it sorted with Tony himself at WIM.

Booked in for next month, cant wait to get it sorted out once and for all!

P.S. anyone had any experience with kumho tyres?

Den

I cant say I've had much experience with Khumo but WIM is the way forward!!! I have recently put a whole new set of rubber on mine due to the wear issue and once i get the lowering springs on i will be in for a WIM!!

Let me know what it feels like after your out!! :)

I had my geometry looked at by Tony the man himself at WIM this morning :P

Anyway, not sure if this will be much use to you but I had Kumho tyres on my old Mitsubishi Carisma, and I can't really fault them. They were alright in the dry and wet, and never really left me stranded in the snow last winter when many other cars were :)

Didn't really noticed any change in handling, but my car used to have excessive "tramlining" over bumps and unevenness on the road surface, and this has certainly been reduced after getting the geometry done.

• 4 weeks later...

Got the lex wim'd this morning great job too.

My geo was litterally all over the shop, both front wheels toeing out massively, one of the rears toeing in and the other neutral.

I had pre treated the camber bolts and track rods with penetrant fluid so they were easy to undo, it only took 20 minutes!

It drives absolutely lovely now, very stable and it gives me bags of grip, hopefully without eating my tyres, the most noticeable thing beside handling is that the braking is far more positive and stable.

I know that it has a massive effect on fuel economy, and after visting wim I did another 200 miles, but I cant believe I have done 330 miles at 70mph ish :shifty: on just over half a tank.

I had thrown a wheel weight on the way there but they sorted out the front wheel balances too there and then.

Tony was unfortunatley not there today, but thanks to everyone at Blackboots and Wim!

Bang Tidy! :P

Hope the other guy is well trained, he seemed to know his stuff when I quizzed him, I had already measured my camber and tracking myself before I arrived.

Really happy with my cars handling now, just need anti roll bars.

Tony - hope your daughter is ok, sorry to hear that.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links