Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Aerial Improvements

Just picked up my new IS200 today, and amongst a couple of other bits I want to sort out on it, the radio reception is a bit dire. The radio picks up plenty of stations, but signal keeps dropping out on the move. I've had a look through some previous threads, and it seems that a Honda S2000 aerial (part no 39151-S2H-E01 A) with 3mm chopped off to make it fit flush is a good fix, though I'm finding it a little hard to source the genuine part and from what I've read aftermarket items don't work so well.

Are there any other options out there?

After having interference on the radio, I managed to get a Honda aerial from eBay for about 15 quid. Thats your best bet really, makes a dramtic improvement though. Expensive to get one new so keep looking ;)

I replaced mine with an aerial of the New Toyota Auris Hybrid....... [they are not cheap!!]

Its the same circumference and fits exactly - I tried the Honda one, but where it joins the aerial base the aerial was too large [hope that makes sense]........

I get good reception through it as well. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, if anyone is interested; received my new stubby antenna yesterday. Fitted fine, no issues there, looks ok as well. Reception is better in some places, worse in others; for example I now get the local radio station Lincs FM clear as day with no noticable dropout. BBC radio 1 is much the same as before, maybe slightly better, but I could pick up Capital FM before, whereas I can't now. So mixed results really, it's a good buy if there are local radio stations that you listen to but otherwise no better than the OE aerial.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links