Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello guys. I just want to complain about something and I think that this is the right place to express my disappointment. Here is the text of the email that I sent to Lexus Europe just a minute ago and it pretty much describes my problem:

Hello,

I would like to express my disappointment from the Lexus dealer in Bulgaria (TM Auto). My 4 year old IS220d has started rusting on the roof and according to the dealer this is "normal" for a 4 year old premium luxury car. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. They told me to go to my insurance company and lie to them that this is a dent from a rock and they will cover my expenses for the respray and the bodywork that will be carried out in the dealership. I would have done that but this would double my insurance for the next year.

So my question to you "Lexus Europe" is: Do you also think that it is normal for my 4 year old premium luxury sedan to start rusting on the roof like a 10 year old Ford? Is it normal that my dealer wants me to lie to my insurer so they can get money from my insurance for something that I think should be covered by the Lexus Warranty? This is considered a premium class car and not some low cost budget car.

Looking forward for your reply.

Best regards,

Denis Ivanov

post a pic up..were on the roof is it rusting is the cause a stone chip?the warranty on rust is it must be rusting from inside out

I had bubbling on the bonnet of my 9 year old IS200 and despite it having several stone chips an inspection confirmed that it was in fact rusting from the inside and it has just been repaired under warranty.

On such a new car, and in such a strange location like the roof, that sounds really harsh - as though the dealer is trying to fob you off.

Is there any visible external damage to the paint surface? That's the only way they could get out of a warranty fix.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links