Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello And New (Used) Wheels

mutly

Just wanted to say hello and to get some views on some wheels i bought from eBay.

We bought our is300 last year as our one family car, it was the wifes choice really as she had seen a 200 up for sale in a local garage. I searched for a bit and looked at a couple of dogs then found this one with 100k on it but 1 owner and full lexus service history plus it was a 300

so would keep me a bit happier after selling my zx6r to help to pay for the car.

Because i sold my bike the wife agreed that i could do some mods to the car, up until now i havnt done anything to it except steering geometry because it was tram-lining and pulling a lot, it helped but i still find it a little unsteady on crap roads.

Anyways just a bit of an intro, the reason for posting was to get some opinions on some wheels i had found on eBay, got excited about and bought them. They are PIAA Super Rozzas which would have cost around £1500 new and have a big shiny lip which i have always liked on wheels. After picking them up i was kicking myself for not walking away as the rim had been kerbed quite badly and was tarnished and not really shiny at all, the main spokes arent too bad a little bliming up but not really noticeable but the little bolts holding the rim on are all corroded and need replacing.

I have a guy picking two of them up on wednesday next week to refurb them but hes not sure if he will be able to take them apart due to the bolts being so corroded, if he cant hes just going to machine the kerbing out and polish the rest of the lip best he can.

I just want some opinions as my wife initially said the original wheels looked best and i know alot of people on here seem to agree, i'm half tempted to just sell these and put the originals back on with a refurb to them, i know the rest of the car is standard but i will be doing skirts, grille and maybe lower a bit within i hope the next year.

Let me know what you think.

gallery_34953_997_607253.jpg

gallery_34953_970_8347.jpg

I have a guy picking two of them up on wednesday next week to refurb them but hes not sure if he will be able to take them apart due to the bolts being so corroded, if he cant hes just going to machine the kerbing out and polish the rest of the lip best he can.

em he wont be able to split them even if they were brand new........they are only one piece wheels!!

would look better if the car was lowered

PIAA Super Rozza Wheels

PIAA Utilizes a low pressure casting method to produce high quality, lightweight wheels. PIAA high Performance cast alloy aluminum wheels are especially suited for dissipating heat from brakes and provide more rigidity under high-load cornering maneuvers. The low pressure casting method also provide for ease of secondary finishing processes, which enhance the over-all appearance of the wheel.

PIAA SUPER ROZZA Wheels Specs:

One Piece Construction

5 Split Spoke Design

Dropped Lip

Carbon Fiber Center Cap

I like the look of them,if they're the ones i think they are, i had thoughts about them !,i'd keep 'em,but i'd go to a couple of places and see what the best way forward is,you might lose the polished lip by having them bead blasted/machined and repainted.

The guy I spoke to said machine and lac the outer edge of the rim and polish the rest of it but if he can get them apart he would diamond cut the whole rim

It's just gonna end up costing as much as I could have got brand new wheels for so I want to make sure these do look special before I spend more money on them

Trackerman , what wheels did you opt for in the end

The machined look can be amazing,but our winter salt and roads ain't kind to it !,in the end i went for Rota P1's,600 quid inc delivery if that helps with the decision,Rochford tyres do a few wheels, but not Rotas,they came from Rimstyle.

I would double check guarantees on the refurb too. When I had my mk1 GS Sport wheels refurbed, I wanted to get them diamond cut. The firm said that they could do that, but they couldn't guarantee the finish (due to salt and poor adhesion of laquer to diamond cut), where as their powder coating carried a 12 month warranty. I had no reason to question them as diamond cutting was £20 per wheel more expensive, so they talked themselves out of 80 quid extra. I went for the bright silver flake in the end, but my spare set I am going to get done in the "medium chrome" effect as they call it to see how that looks.

think i'm gonna try to sell them on its just ending up a right pain in the arse those rota's look nice and if i'm honest by the time i have spent enough to get these in top condition i could have bought brand new rota or kei wheels.

thanks for the help chaps, i must stop buying things on impulse off eBay!

Apologies to Ormi i think looks like they are not split from looking at the back now but it definatly say 2pc construction on the PIAA site? look -http://www.piaa.com/Wheels/08superrozza.html

The only bit i can see on the back of them that might relate to offset says 48 would this be possible that i was running these on my car? it says "18 x 7.5 J 48"

just want to give as much info as possible when selling.

I got 4 of these new ( well fitted then removed again with light balance weight marks) albeit only 17" for £160.00

The times I have bought wheels on eBay only to find they have undisclosed damage leaving me with a set of three.

DSCF0043.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links