Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Horns Query

i have just ordered a pair of 'Hootaz -see

for a clip of the difference, my IS 300 SportX has feeble horns. I have just gotten a Sport Spoiler and whilst the horns are obvious has anyone any experience of what connections i would need to change. Thanks for any help, as usual great help here. Thanks

Ed

I'v got the same horns on my IS200, i moved them out of sight, down behind front bumper!

Had to do a bit of wiring, as i think the stock horns were earthed through the body of the horn to the car body, and the hootaz's have 2 terminals!

First i mounted them to the car then made a earth wire that looped from one horn to the other then to car body for the earth, then did the same for the positive connection.

They work great, had them on for a few years now and had no probs, also when the girlfriends alarm goes off on her Celica it sounds crap towards my IS200 alarm lol.

I've been looking for some new horns for my IS200 for a while as the OEM ones are pathetic for what is a fairly decent sized luxury car!

Just ordered a set of these for mine after watching the YouTube vid. And useful information about the earthing Jomo B)

I've been looking for some new horns for my IS200 for a while as the OEM ones are pathetic for what is a fairly decent sized luxury car!

Just ordered a set of these for mine after watching the YouTube vid. And useful information about the earthing Jomo B)

Agree the horns are not wonderful - but whenever do you use them anyway? I don't think I have sounded mine since I first had the car, and that was just out of interest to see if they worked and what they sounded like. You rarely hear them being used, and even then usually when they are not supposed to be or it is actually illegal i.e late at night or when the vehicle is stationary.....

I use my horms all the time!

Must be the really bad drivers round where i live!

Bearing in mind that the Horns can only legally be used as an audible warning of approach in situations like offset or hump-backed bridges where you can't be seen from the other side, and not at all in built-up areas after 11 pm and not to wake up dozy drivers at traffic lights, comment on other driver's mistakes or get the attention of pretty girls etc; I'm not sure who is the bad driver?

Bearing in mind that the Horns can only legally be used as an audible warning of approach in situations like offset or hump-backed bridges where you can't be seen from the other side, and not at all in built-up areas after 11 pm and not to wake up dozy drivers at traffic lights, comment on other driver's mistakes or get the attention of pretty girls etc; I'm not sure who is the bad driver?

Are you sure that is correct?

As I understand it, your horn can be used at any point while moving to warn other road users of your presence. And can be used in built up areas after 11pm if there is a need for safety reasons to indicate your presence.

Are you sure that is correct?

As I understand it, your horn can be used at any point while moving to warn other road users of your presence. And can be used in built up areas after 11pm if there is a need for safety reasons to indicate your presence.

What you say is true to an extent. The horn can be used to warn of approach when not otherwise apparent and could reasonably result in a hazard - but not for instance to buck-up someone dawdling a bit and never in response to something that has already happened.

Night-time restrictions are partially down to local bye-laws, and I am sure you are right about using horns in emergency situations - although it is not easy to think what genuine safety reasons could frequently require hooting late at night when headlights etc. make a car's approach so very obvious.

In any case, it is unlikely that anybody is going to be nicked for how they use their horns, and the best reason not to use them often is out of basic consideration for others nearby and a civilised tolerance of mistakes or shortcomings which are probably no worse than our own.

Well fjcfarrar, if someone cuts me up, pulls out on me or does not indicate when turning in front of me gets the horns!

Which i find the best way to indicate my feelings to them than driving after them forceing them to stop their car and drag them out the car and beat them around the head with a tyre iron!

So next time you get beeped just think how lucky you are!

Well fjcfarrar, if someone cuts me up, pulls out on me or does not indicate when turning in front of me gets the horns!

Which i find the best way to indicate my feelings to them than driving after them forceing them to stop their car and drag them out the car and beat them around the head with a tyre iron!

So next time you get beeped just think how lucky you are!

OK then, unless that was tongue-in-cheek & although not quite their intended use; horns work as anger-management for those who need it :tomato:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links