Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Led Rear Lights Installed

NEOCON

This is for any people interested in replacing the rear lights on their IS200. I always found the the standard lights on the IS200 a bit outdated by these days standards. I think they look OK on darker coloured cars but not on the silver that I have.

So I had them replaced with these LED lights I got off eBay.

Here are the standard lights

DSC05171.jpg

Removing these is easy. Undo the bolts behind the little covers and carefully pull out the light and remove any bulbs and disconnect cables

DSC05173.jpg

Reverse the process. Plug in the bulbs and cables (I would recommend changing to the chrome indicator bulbs as they look better). Replace light unit and put bolts back in

And here it is finished

DSC05176.jpg

DSC05175.jpg

DSC05267.jpg

I ordered these from the States. Delivery was very quick. The fit is excellent and the build quality is top notch too, just as good as the original units. They look a bit more modern too IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh I bought exactly these lights earlier but ran into a wiring connector problem with them (I have an X Reg 2000 IS200 which should have been fine in terms of wiring).

Here is the connector socket in the IS200:

R5us4.jpg

and the cable coming from the OEM lights (sorry for blurriness):

wJ9eh.jpg

But here is the connector on the new LED lights I got from America (same seller as you, but earlier in the year):

6TcPg.jpg

8WRxH.jpg

Any idea how I can connect these 2 up? Or were these just the wrong type sent to me? Maybe your reg is newer and has different connector clips?

hmmm that's wierd. Mine is X reg too so should be the same. When I took the original lights out I was left with no wires coming out of the light at all (I mean that I did not take any wires out of the car, just the light assembly). Unless you disconnected these wires further down the loom :unsure:

If I have time tonight I'll take a look at the back of my lights.

hmmm that's wierd. Mine is X reg too so should be the same. When I took the original lights out I was left with no wires coming out of the light at all (I mean that I did not take any wires out of the car, just the light assembly). Unless you disconnected these wires further down the loom :unsure:

If I have time tonight I'll take a look at the back of my lights.

That was it! How could I miss something so Obvious!!

I did exactly what you said, and removed the connector further down the loom (behind the boot liner). I didn't put 2+2 together and realise that this black connector was just supposed to plug into the bulb socket, and that i was supposed to remove the stickers covering the holes for the reverese and indicator bulbs. That is not just one comprehension failure, that's 3...

Works great now, and only took 5 minutes to do. I had these sitting in my garage for months because I couldn't be bothered to take a look at fitting them again.

Thanks again! (I'll leave my post detailing my mistakes up for future reference.)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links