Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza Issues

chardc

Hey,

Though this is a Lexus forum, I'm hoping to get some help with my issue.

I recently purchase a 99 Toyota Altezza RS200 (Z Edition) and on Monday afternoon while leaving the office I noticed the engine check light on and then the car didn't want to reverse unless you pressed the pedal almost full, it also had a sudden jerk when placed in the reverse gear. In D, you need to do the same thing, but the jerk is not as great. The car seems like it does not have that much power at all. I had someone look at it and I bought a new air filter as the other was dirty, cleaned the MAF Sensor, changed the throttle body (used) and the problem still exist. I sent it in for a diagnostic (hence the reason for the throttle body change) but the guy didn't give any codes. The car also changes gear at 5000RPM and is really slow and the tiptronic (M Mode) doesn't work anymore too. Can anyone advise on what the problem really is and a solution please? I've only had the car for one month - I'm a bit ******.

Thanks in advance.

Hey,

I found the issue. I had another diagnostic done by someone else, and got the following error codes; P1127, P0135, P0155. It just so happen that I was looking at the fuse box under the hood and noticed that the ETCS fuse was missing and I found a fuse in the wrong socket - like a spare socket. After noticing the codes, I mentioned the issue to the mechanic and decided to put it in to see what the results would be since both related to ETCS. Everything was fine thereafter and I no longer had an issue. He charged me just $25US, yet another idiot charged me $80US and said I needed a new throttle body since mine the magnetism in mine was no good.... Its always good to get a second opinion....

glad that you had the issue sorted mate :)

It is indeed good that he sorted the problem but what I don't understand is how, whilst at work, the fuse suddenly disappeared and another jumped into the wrong socket causing the fault to appear?

Yes, thats weird. My car also performs a lot better, though I cleaned the MAF Sensor and Throttle body just to eliminate the issue. I also had a weird start on a morning and performance issues between 0-4000RPM. All of these are gone.... Its a bit interesting....

• 1 year later...

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links