Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is Anyone Here Running A Ls600H?

I don't own one but did recently test drive one at one of the Open Road events.

Are you considering new or approved used?

They are a lovely drive with the air suspension, plenty of power on tap and I did like the seamless CVT transmission and silent cabin plus the economy of the hybrid.

The interior is excellent both from the drivers seat or the rear passengers with the massaging seats.

If I had the money I wouldn't spend 101K on a new 600 but get a 3 year old one for less than half that. I've seen some examples with rocket ship mileages now under 30K

I don't own one but did recently test drive one at one of the Open Road events.

Are you considering new or approved used?

They are a lovely drive with the air suspension, plenty of power on tap and I did like the seamless CVT transmission and silent cabin plus the economy of the hybrid.

The interior is excellent both from the drivers seat or the rear passengers with the massaging seats.

If I had the money I wouldn't spend 101K on a new 600 but get a 3 year old one for less than half that. I've seen some examples with rocket ship mileages now under 30K

Thanks Steve. I'm considering a 3 year old one. I have a GS450h now and I love the hybrid system. It would be very nice to have something bigger and more luxurious.

Also had a go in one at the Open Road event recently, was staggered by how serene it is inside. Quietest cabin I've ever been in, and that includes an RR Phantom.

Wish it looked a bit better inside, as above would never spend £100k on one but as a used buy such an absolute bargain.

• 1 month later...

Er, yes - I've had one since the summer, and I love it!!!! Previously owned a LS430 facelift which was quiet and comfortable, but a big disappointment after my LS400 Mk3, which didn't have all the toys we expect now, but drove beautifully, smooth, quiet, imperceptible gear changes and nearly 30mpg on a run, seats a bit hard and flat though. The 430 always felt woolly and indirect and the gearbox had a mind of its own, despite 6 speeds it often chose the wrong one. The road testers criticised the 460's gearbox and some also its ride and handling. I couldn't find a demonstrator nearer than Bristol, about 120 miles away, so never got the chance to drive either the 460 or 600, but got brave and decided on the 600, one which had been 'stuck' on eBay and Autotrader for many months, with sensible miles and well under £30k. It came as a great relief to find it has the same lovely smooth ride that I remember from my first LS, an engine that stops and starts imperceptibly on its own, a transmission (there aren't any gears as such) that is always ready to do what you want with a gentle squeeze of the loud pedal (except it isn't ever loud). The handling I find excellent also, though I'm pretty sedate, but it just inspires confidence and I'd rate it the equal of the Jaguar XJ (X-350) of which I've had 3, praise indeed. Maybe the AWD helps here? Brakes are also very powerful. As for the toys, crikey! In summer I was averaging 32mpg, now it's colder I'm down to around 28. Road tax is £250. So if you're tempted and can find a nice one, go for it, you'll not be disappointed.

Cheers,

Pete

Er, yes - I've had one since the summer, and I love it!!!! Previously owned a LS430 facelift which was quiet and comfortable, but a big disappointment after my LS400 Mk3, which didn't have all the toys we expect now, but drove beautifully, smooth, quiet, imperceptible gear changes and nearly 30mpg on a run, seats a bit hard and flat though. The 430 always felt woolly and indirect and the gearbox had a mind of its own, despite 6 speeds it often chose the wrong one. The road testers criticised the 460's gearbox and some also its ride and handling. I couldn't find a demonstrator nearer than Bristol, about 120 miles away, so never got the chance to drive either the 460 or 600, but got brave and decided on the 600, one which had been 'stuck' on ebay and Autotrader for many months, with sensible miles and well under £30k. It came as a great relief to find it has the same lovely smooth ride that I remember from my first LS, an engine that stops and starts imperceptibly on its own, a transmission (there aren't any gears as such) that is always ready to do what you want with a gentle squeeze of the loud pedal (except it isn't ever loud). The handling I find excellent also, though I'm pretty sedate, but it just inspires confidence and I'd rate it the equal of the Jaguar XJ (X-350) of which I've had 3, praise indeed. Maybe the AWD helps here? Brakes are also very powerful. As for the toys, crikey! In summer I was averaging 32mpg, now it's colder I'm down to around 28. Road tax is £250. So if you're tempted and can find a nice one, go for it, you'll not be disappointed.

Cheers,

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for the reply. I took the plunge as well and bought an LS600hL. I would have been happy with a short wheelbase car but they are quite rare and so far I've no problems parking my long wheelbase car. Though it was a bit touch and go getting her up and down a multi storey car park the other day. Thats just me getting used to the size of her.

Like you I'm getting around 28mpg on my regular commute out to Essex (around 15 miles), 25mpg on my inner London commute (6 miles) with 32mpg on a run up the M1 (thru the 50mph roadworks around Luton) to my parents in Northants. Considering the size of the car and the 5litre V8 its amazing. I bet some RX450h owners would struggle to match it. Once its warmed up I find it slips into EV mode very easily. I can even maintain 35mph on the Battery once we are rolling.

What colour combo is yours?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links