Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Really Bad Ls400 Alloys

charlie9751

Hi.

I recently bought a 1997 LS400 with 69K miles and full Lexus SH for just £1495. The only problem, is the alloys. They just look terrible....old fashioned and rusty. Could anyone please tell me if the alloys from other models such as a 200 or 300 would fit? The current wheels are 16 inch, 7J and I don't really want to go down the low profile route as I want to keep road noise to a minimum.

Many thanks,

Charlie

post-40725-0-84379800-1318426586.jpg

Hello Charles and welcome to the LOC.

Unfortunately badly corroded OEM alloy wheels are a very common problem so much so even today they are being replaced by Lexus under warranty some times more than once.

You really have 2 choices either get your present set refurbished ( there is a thread on here somewhere offering a full acid etch and powder coat for around £50.00 a wheel).

Choice 2 is to buy a set of after market wheels either new or secondhand most Lexus wheels will fit but there are others the main things are the rim size (16" if you are staying standard) the number of stud holes (5), the PCD (distance between the holes needs to be 114.3) and the offset (how far the wheels stick out or in)

Be wary buying secondhand wheels,you don't know their history and they may have unseen defects like buckles or cracks.

Nice car BTW low mileage and FSH for under 1.5K and still years of use in it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

hi , my alloys are awfull, i was looking at mazda rx8 wheels , i believe these will go straight on? any ideas? i dont want to spend much as only paid £490 for the car lol. also any ideas on clear indicators and side repeaters ? also is there anything else i should do ? im a technician for farnham honda so service wise im all ok.

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Yes RX8 wheels are a straight fit, there are others with the same PCD but some won't clear the calipers.

I put some EVO 9 wheels on mine, new but cheap.

Clear indicators and repeaters are available mostly from the USA so have a look on eBay.com trouble is they tend to rip you off on the shipping costs.

hi steve, thanks for reply, :),

glad i took the plunge and bought a 400, had a few nice cars along the way but none less than 500 pounds that drives like she does , are valve clearances a big issue on these cars? mine has done 166k, got tons of stamps in book but im thinking i will check them ,,oh, and is changing auto box oil a nightmare?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links