Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi folks just picked up my first Lexus today. A 55 plate IS250 SEL, which I bought from an independent dealer. The car drives perfectlty but here's the problem. I have just discovered that the spare key will not lock or unlock the car. It will start the car with fob up against the start button but thats it.

Do i need to purchase a new Battery for the fob, and if so, will it need to be programmed. I hope this is something cheap and simple.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :blink:

Hi folks just picked up my first Lexus today. A 55 plate IS250 SEL, which I bought from an independent dealer. The car drives perfectlty but here's the problem. I have just discovered that the spare key will not lock or unlock the car. It will start the car with fob up against the start button but thats it.

Do i need to purchase a new battery for the fob, and if so, will it need to be programmed. I hope this is something cheap and simple.

Sounds like classic flat Battery - should work fine after youve changed it. Hope you enjoy your new car! (A fine choice)

MW

yep deffo a flat battery, the manual tells you the symtoms and you have just describe them all

Its an easy job to change the Battery. However, does the dash not tell you that the Battery is low ? I have a IS250C SE-L and mine does as soon as you turn off the ignition (and is at the moment !).

Do i need to purchase a new battery for the fob, and if so, will it need to be programmed. I hope this is something cheap and simple.

Easy to change... Manual explains everything... I paid £3 for a Battery at Halfords about 18 months back ... no problems till now .. congratulations for the new one and good luck...

Thanks for your help folks. Changed the battery today and all is now okay. Now on to setting the speed dial numbers.

Try setting up the voice controlled speed dial! - Its great fun - especially if you have two names in your phonebook that sound similar - eg. "Dad" and "Brad" I had to over pronounce one of them to get it to record.. :lol:

Enjoy !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links