Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Couple Of Questions On An Ls400 I Saw

Went to see an LS400 near to me the other day. (1996 P)

Car had a few scuffs and scratches as I would expect for the age. However, there was a fair bit of corrosion on the drivers side front wing, just in front of the wheel on the arch. Must admit I didn't expect to find rust on an LS400. Would it cost much to get a replacement wing fitted (scrappy?)? Or should I run the other way!?

I'd never driven an LS400 before this, so the accelerator took some getting used to. Seemed to have to press hard for it to go anywhere. The car didn't feel that fast, though it may have been that I wasn't pressing hard enough!

Surprisingly, there were no missing pixels on the heater display at all.

The steering wheel came up to meet me, but it was a bit noisy. Sounds like it needs lubricating. Is this a problem or can the moving steering wheel just be deactivated and set to the driving position if it comes to it?

No thumps or bumps that I could hear from the suspension, and the car was very quiet. Car has 5 months T&T and cambelt was done 3000 miles ago..

He wants £999ono - it's on eBay at the moment - currently £810. I am half thinking on bidding to £870ish - or is this foolish given what I've said?

Seemed to have to press hard for it to go anywhere.

This is a question I have been meaning to ask, is it normal? sometimes of your not thinking you put your foot down a bit to hard the passengers can dissapear out of the back window.

Mike

Don't recognise the 'hard' bit. It seems to me that I just have to "think" the car faster! Even at 85 it will catapult you forwards pretty rapidly.

Rust? Leave it!

I think if you want a good one (unless it's a desperation sale) you need to think £3K really, and even THAT is a bargain for the quality. You can buy a Citroen 2CV, or a good (same age-same price!) LS400! Crazy country!

Don't recognise the 'hard' bit. It seems to me that I just have to "think" the car faster! Even at 85 it will catapult you forwards pretty rapidly.

Rust? Leave it!

I think if you want a good one (unless it's a desperation sale) you need to think £3K really, and even THAT is a bargain for the quality. You can buy a Citroen 2CV, or a good (same age-same price!) LS400! Crazy country!

Just seemed to have a heavy accelerator pedal. Lot heavier than most the cars I've driven. Wasn't sure if this was a Lexus thing, or a fault..

Thanks for that - going to give that rusty one a miss.

This one looks more promising. This would be for running around in / wafting - the vast bulk of the miles will be done by my diesel Saab, so I don't want to spend a lot. :)

Edited by Beeb Hogweed

Looks good.

I'd never have sold my original Ser 3 either, if it wasn't that I felt safer with traction control. Sure, I have more power (and sat-nav, but who hasn't, one way or another these days?) But the LS Ser 3 is pretty nippy anyway.

Give it a go!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links