Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacing Boot Locking Mechanism

JezaLexy99

Hi all. Wonder if anyone can help, as above, i need to replace the locking mechanism on my boot lid, as i had to slam it shut when i saw an ex work collegue trying to steal my chainsaw from the boot of my car, he was caught red handed and he was swiftly floored on his arse :) but now i have a boot lid held down with a bungie cord :( just wondering if anyone has any tips or ideas on the execution of this task?? much obliged.

ohh i see.haha. i assumed you were the other guy at the yard with a IS 200, spoke to him today about this convo and he didnt have a clue what i was on about. :duh: :D hes the one that had an S8. what colour is your IS?...yeh im sure il see you around sometime.

Hi - on a 54 plate se (standard-popular Platinum Ice). No problems so far with the car 78k now and still going well, picked it up 3rd hand with 48k. A few small flakes on front bumper and bonnet and the alloys, used scratch doctor kit and they look ok - but very happy with the car after a vectra that also did the job for me. I used to speak to Jim E and Steve A (both left you now I hear). Got a good local Saturday mechanic if you need anything done unless you're using Lexus! He has done my 60k and 70k and is doing my MOT next month. He also does his Dad's IS200.

Be nice to join the Dorset banter but I dont think I have seen either of you and I have never been to a Landscaping place!

Will look out for you

the 'Landscaping place' is were the yard is that i work from, im not a landscaper :blink: im a tree surgeon B) . (need any logs, let me know ;) ) is there many other dorset folk on here? should get a meet going if there is.

Hi - on a 54 plate se (standard-popular Platinum Ice). No problems so far with the car 78k now and still going well, picked it up 3rd hand with 48k. A few small flakes on front bumper and bonnet and the alloys, used scratch doctor kit and they look ok - but very happy with the car after a vectra that also did the job for me. I used to speak to Jim E and Steve A (both left you now I hear). Got a good local Saturday mechanic if you need anything done unless you're using Lexus! He has done my 60k and 70k and is doing my MOT next month. He also does his Dad's IS200.

cool...thats good, sounds healthy. my radiator blew the other week on the Wessex Way, that was hassle!..but the garage i went to was impressive, charged me for one hours work tho it took them 2 and a half, there are some good/nice mechanics.haha. likewise with your bloke,id like to get my IS serviced soon, so maybe use him for that. No ive not heard of Jim E or Steve A, think theyd of been landscapers?. Also, depending on were u & we are, i might be able to sort u out with some logs, tho they wudnt be split, just log length, up to if were ever in your area. :shutit: dont tell maggie :shutit:

I have thought about organising a meet and was considering asking the manager of the

Fox & Hounds‎

Fox Lane

Wimborne Minster, Dorset BH21 2EQ

As they have a big car park do good food and drink and it has easy access to the A31.

Unless you have any other ideas?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links